What we want:
We are changing how health insurance works. We want to create a healthcare experience that’s intuitive and puts people, not cost or workflows, first. We’re using a consumer-focused and tech-driven approach to do so. This positions us uniquely in the space - and creates one of the biggest opportunities in healthcare.
We brought together leaders from top technology, service and healthcare companies to deliver on our promise and cease this opportunity. We all work side by side in a collaborative, energetic, and creative environment. The result: better people, better ideas, and better healthcare.
In this role as the Compliance Associate, you will support an effective compliance program.
Deliverables: What you have to achieve
Oscar is currently operating in 3 states and will continue to grow; we are required to comply with state and federal requirements including the Affordable Care Act. The Compliance Associate will report to the Director of Compliance and support the activities of the Compliance Program for Oscar to ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal laws and regulations. The Compliance Associate will work with business areas to develop policies and procedures necessary for regulatory compliance and, through auditing and monitoring, ensure that these policies are implemented. The Compliance Associate will have a key role in Oscar’s oversight of delegated entities. The goal is to maintain an effective compliance program.
In your first six weeks:
- You will assist the organization with federal and state audits, and develop corrective action plans.
- Oversee Oscar’s Delegated Oversight Program.
By the end of month 3:
- Based on the Compliance Risk Assessment, put together an annual audit schedule for outside vendors and internal departments which perform regulatory functions on Oscar’s behalf and start the audit process. This will include a review of policies and procedures as well as a file review and audit with respect to timeframes, content, etc. regulated by law.
- Work with business areas to enhance monitoring of key compliance indicators, including oversight of vendors..
Afterwards and on an ongoing basis:
- Working with the business areas to revise policies and procedures, and track the policy review and approvals process.
- Assisting the organization with respect to state and federal audits
- Ensuring overall compliance with regulatory requirements and raising issues/concerns to the Director of Compliance.
Winning factors: What leads to success
We are looking for someone with experience and passion for compliance.
Must-have qualifications and expertise include:
- College degree
- 3 years experience in a healthcare setting or 3 years experience as an attorney
We think you will be successful if...
- you have experience in a regulated entity
- you know how to review laws, contracts and policies
- you enjoy working in a collaborative environment and working cross-functionally with all business areas within the organization
- you are personable, self-starting and organized
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit https://www.hioscar.com/
Jobs You May Like
Manager, Production Finance - International Originals Latin America
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
EMEA Law Enforcement Response (French)
Airbnb, Dublin, Ireland
Manager, Strategic Planning & Analysis
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Production Counsel, Feature Films
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Head of Learning and Development
Red Ventures, South Charlotte