As part of our technology platform, Oscar offers all members access to free and unlimited telehealth services. That’s where you come in. We work with a dedicated group of telemedicine doctors who provide telemedicine services exclusively for Oscar members. By working so closely with Oscar, doctors can build a deeper and richer telehealth experience. Our telemedicine feature integrates directly with Oscar’s member experience and care management resources, giving doctors the ability to more seamlessly coordinate care for patients.
What is the position?
We are looking for physicians who will provide telemedicine care to our members. First and foremost, this job is about being an amazing doctor. This includes being excited about creative ways to engage members and provide ongoing care.
This job also offers opportunities to contribute to product design and clinical care pathway development. We get to re-imagine how medical care can be provided virtually, including how we diagnose, treat, and follow-up with members.
Location and licensure?
Physicians can practice remotely, although ideally candidates will be based in NY, CA, TX, OH, or TN.
Candidates must have licenses to practice medicine in at least one of the following states (the more the better):
- New York
Having a license in any of the following states (or the ability to obtain licensure in these states) will also be a big plus
- New Jersey
Winning factors: Must-have qualifications
- MD or DO from an accredited medical school
- Board-certification in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine or Emergency Medicine
Deliverables: What you have to achieve
First 3 months,
- Provide amazing medical care virtually (by phone and messaging)
- Work with our product and technology teams to build care pathways for delivering virtual care
Afterwards and on an ongoing basis
- Continue to provide amazing medical care
- Help expand the clinical team as our panel grows
- Provide thought leadership and help test new technology and clinical programs
- Participate in technology and care pilots
We think it will make a big (positive) difference if you...
- First and foremost, are passionate about delivering medical care
- Excited to practice medicine in unconventional ways
- Are technologically savvy and excited about how technology can change how we deliver care
- Want to practice in a team-based setting where other clinical and non-clinical team members collaborate to make decisions and care for patients
- Get excited about setting up new systems and thinking outside the box
- Spanish an advantage, but not necessary
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit Oscar's website.
Jobs You May Like
Stamping Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Faraday Future, Gardena, CA
Employer Success Manager
Handshake, San Francisco
Open House Sign Setter (South Bay, CA)
Movoto, South Bay, CA
Maintenance Operator, Part Time
Managed By Q, Los Angeles, CA
Software Engineer, Internal Infrastructure
Palantir Technologies, New York, NY
Element AI, Montreal