Our team uses a data-driven approach to build the network of providers, facilities and hospitals that are core to Oscar’s product, and help navigate our members through it. You'll work alongside data scientists and statisticians to identify opportunities to improve our business and lead projects to realize those opportunities.
We’ll throw you in the deep end, expect you to understand complexity, distill it, explain it and drive improvements across the business. Some of the questions we tackle include:
- How do we identify high quality doctors and medical providers?
- Can we make sure people are matched with the right level of care when they need it?
- How do we systematically identify network weaknesses?
- How should we measure and monitor our network operations?
- What markets are most attractive for the expansion of Oscar's business?
- Outstanding structured and critical thinking
- A passion for understanding complex issues with a data driven approach
- A technical bent and the ability to use or to learn to use tools to answer your own questions (e.g. Excel/SQL/Python)
- Be someone that gets things done
- Be able to put together a project plan and drive a team of people with different skills to produce tangible results.
- Enjoy experimenting and iterating on different ways to solve a problem.
- Zoom in and out
- Willing to master the detail when you need to but also zoom out and have a view on how to shape the bigger picture.
- Be able to do math on on your feet.
- Enjoy switching in and out of business, clinical and social ways of thinking.
The following will be helpful, but are not essential…
- 2+ years of analyst experience
- A proven track record in either performing data driven analytical work or project managing complex initiatives.
- Knowledge of health care, health economics, health policy, or health insurance.
- Above all, be thoughtful and humble.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit Oscar's website.
Jobs You May Like
OurHealth, Indianapolis, IN
Optometrist (Sublease), North Hills
Warby Parker, Raleigh, NC
HERO Digital, Philadelphia
Predictive Analytics Account Manager
Insider, Istanbul, Turkey
Mechanic - Memphis
LimeBike, Memphis, TN
Operations Specialist - Chattanooga
LimeBike, Chattanooga, TN