Hi, we’re Oscar.
We are changing how health insurance works. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent and human. We need your help to do so. We brought together leaders from top technology, service and healthcare companies to work side by side to disrupt health insurance. The result? Better people, better ideas, and better healthcare.
About the Role:
At Oscar, we are working hard to provide the kind of health insurance we would want for ourselves. Our team uses a data-driven approach to build the network of providers, facilities and hospitals that are core to Oscar’s product, and help navigate our members through it.
As the Network Strategy Associate, you will work closely with members of Oscar’s strategic partnerships, business, finance, legal, and network construction teams to identify new market opportunities for Oscar. You’ll be responsible for our end-to-end process for assessing new market opportunities and will apply a data-driven approach to our expansion decisions.
- Understanding the provider and payer competitive landscape across expansion markets.
- Analyzing market trends (market size, demographic changes, regulatory shifts, etc.) and developing an opinion on how they will impact Oscar’s success in new markets.
- Determining how we will construct our provider networks in new geographies.
- Setting pricing targets for Oscar’s products in new markets.
- Continually building upon our model for prioritizing expansion opportunities.
- Outstanding structured and critical thinking and the ability to build models to answer your own questions.
- An ability to form data-driven, concrete answers in a world with imperfect information.
- Expert in excel. Python and SQL are a plus, willingness to learn are a must.
- Strong attention to detail and a willingness to get into the weeds.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills to drive results across a wide range of stakeholders, from data scientists to sales executives to external consultants.
The following will be helpful, but are not essential…
- 2+ years of experience in management consulting, strategy, private equity or investment banking.
- Healthcare experience and an understanding of provider/payer markets is a plus
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit https://www.hioscar.com/
Jobs You May Like
Digital Performance Marketing Manager
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA
Brand Ambassador - Nashville
Yelp, Nashville, TN
Marketing Analytics Manager
Spring, Headquarters - NYC
Jr. Content Manager
SurveyMonkey, San Mateo
Senior Leader - Healthcare, Pharma, Insurance Industries
Red Ventures, South Charlotte