Hi, we're Oscar.
We are changing how health insurance works. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent and human. We need your help to do so. We brought together leaders from top technology, service and healthcare companies to work side by side to disrupt health insurance. The result? Better people, better ideas, and better healthcare.
About the Role:
In this role, you will manage the 50+ team that tackles all of Oscar’s inbound provider service needs. You will be responsible for ensuring that Oscar maintains the highest level of service for our providers by monitoring and reporting against key metrics, partnering with stakeholders to drive performance improvements, and working cross-functionally to implement needed process changes. You will be the primary point of contact for all provider service needs and represent the Oscar brand and mission effectively in your interactions.
- Manage a team of 50+ outsourced provider service agents
- Build an excellent understanding of the provider service workflows and operating systems (tools, phone system, workforce management, dashboards) and how they come together to create our provider experience
- Build a plan to improve the performance of our business & begin executing on operational initiatives for 2018 such as:
- Workflow evaluation and redesigning to allow for service of additional lines of business and partnerships
- Internal feedback mechanisms which result in process & product improvement
- Onboarding & ongoing management of outsourced partner
- Become a critical source of support for the provider service team and deliver solid data-driven recommendations for process & business performance enhancements across each one of your responsible areas
- Identify and implement strategies to improve the efficiency, transparency, and quality of provider service
- Work cross-functionally to deliver additional impact across the business
- 3-4 years of experience in operations, customer service, or business process outsourcing. Experience in healthcare, or working with or on behalf of hospital systems a strong plus.
- A conceptual thinker with experience managing large teams and developing processes
- Comfortable with workflows, process improvement, and lean/efficient management approach.
- You use data and analysis to make decisions and to influence others. You value the role of analytics in decision making.
- You thrive in ambiguous work environments and love rolling up your sleeves and being scrappy.
- You are a strong team player with a high degree of flexibility.
- You have a passion and knowledge for excellence and high performance and are able to shape and influence teammates to reach for those levels.
- Strong interpersonal interactions (e.g. partnering, conflict management, consulting, etc.) and open to giving/receiving constructive feedback
- Providing exceptional service is a personal passion, and shows in every aspect of your work
- Experience managing, coaching, and developing external facing service teams
- Strong quantitative analysis skills as well as strong Excel and initial SQL skills
- Knowledge of health care, health insurance, and hospital and physician billing
- Highly systematic thinking as shown demonstrated by prior work or experience (lean operations, consulting, project management, etc).
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit https://www.hioscar.com/
Jobs You May Like
Global Supply Chain Manager - Capital Expenditures
Harry’s, New York, NY
Vice President of Business Affairs and Operations, UK
Zuora, Boston OR New York
Customer Operations Advisor
Squarespace, Portland, OR
Employee Experience Assistant
Casper, San Francisco
Office Operations Analyst
Palantir Technologies, London, United Kingdom