Senior Software Engineer: Data/Systems (Los Angeles, CA)
Oscar, Los Angeles, CA
A better kind of health insurance company
Our goal is to make healthcare simple, transparent, and human. In Engineering, we do that by building reliable and maintainable applications, infrastructure, and interfaces that make interacting with the health care system easier for everyone -- members, providers, and (yes!) ourselves.
As a senior Oscar Engineer, you’ll be joining a tight knit, passionate team, and leading the designs Oscar’s next generation of complex, feature rich, business critical services, data pipelines and architecture, and scalable infrastructure. You’ll mentor engineers to help them design for stability, performance, and scalability across services or clients.
We take pride in our ability to move quickly (deploys > 100/day), our small teams (engineers <= 5), and our willingness to tackle big problems (frequency == everyday).
While our technology team of over 100 works in Soho, NYC, we are looking to build out a core team in our Los Angeles location. This is a unique opportunity to have the resources, scale, and stability of an established technology company, but have the freedom and flexibility of an 8 person startup.
What we're actually doing:
The following is a list of projects our team is currently working on:
- Developing the infrastructure to support multi-channel communication as our membership base grows from 250k to a million and beyond
- Building a workflow engine to allow teams across Oscar to build configurable experiences to deliver information to our members, providers, and others
You at Oscar:
- You have been programming professionally for 6+ years, working with a variety of technologies, and have increasingly impactful accomplishments
- You care about what you do.
- You care about what we do.
- You’re able to learn quickly, whether it be a new shiny technology or an arcane, ill-conceived data structure; our company may be new, but the health industry isn’t!
- You have a proven track record of strong technical contributions, consistently improve the quality of what you craft, and are excited to build high-performance, fault-tolerant, and scalable software systems.
Anything else is a bonus. We believe diversity is a key ingredient in building something great. All backgrounds welcome.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit Oscar's website.
Jobs You May Like
Performance Engineer (Remote)
Lead Software Engineer - Metasploit
Senior Privacy and Cybersecurity Engineer
Hyperloop One, Los Angeles
Lead Platform Support Engineer
TripleLift, New York
Software Engineer / Senior Engineer - DevOps
Software Engineer - Back-End: Simulation & Validation
Zoox, Foster City, CA