Our goal is to make healthcare simple, transparent, and human. In Engineering, we do that by building reliable and maintainable applications, infrastructure, and interfaces that make interacting with the health care system easier for everyone -- members, providers, and (yes!) ourselves. As an Oscar Engineer, you’ll be joining a tight knit, passionate team. We take pride in our ability to move quickly (deploys > 100/day), our small teams (engineers <= 5), and our willingness to tackle big problems (frequency === everyday).
What we're actually doing:
The following is a list of projects our teams are currently working on:
- A search engine that effectively and efficiently connects members to the care they need when they need it.
- An app that securely allows members to message with their doctors and Oscar the same way they message their friends and family
- A suite of tools that powers our concierge teams to offer best in class member services
- A contract and plan development environment to configure and expose the inner workings of our internal claims engine.
- A suite of React components to align functionality and styles across all of Oscar’s web properties.
You at Oscar
- You have been programming professionally for 3+ years
- You care about what you do.
- You care about what we do.
- You’re willing and able to learn quickly, whether it be a new shiny technology or an arcane, ill-conceived data structure; our company may be new, but the health industry isn’t!
- You pride yourself on building beautiful interfaces that are a joy to use.
- You like working closely with product and design teams.
Anything else is a bonus. We believe diversity is a key ingredient in building something great. All backgrounds welcome.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit Oscar's website.
Jobs You May Like
Site Reliability Engineer
Senior Backend Developer (Java) (m/f/d)
Sr. Staff Software Engineer (REF15094F) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
Visa, Foster City CA, US
Senior Data Ops Engineer
The Trade Desk, Ventura, CA, Irvine, CA, Los Angeles, CA San Francisco, CA, San Jose, CA Boulder, CO, Denver, CO, Bellevue, WA, Seattle, WA, Chicago, IL, New York, NY
Développeur(se) Android - Core Mobile - FR
Shopify, Montreal, Canada
Mendix, Boston, MA