At Oscar, you’ll work closely with product managers, engineers, and other designers. Collaboration is a key to our success, and design is a partner in creating a better healthcare experience. That means the lines between disciplines becomes blurred, and the impact of design is huge. We encourage a sense of autonomy and expect designers to be able to think critically and act as product leaders. That means being able to see between the lines, give and take feedback well, and actively research concepts that may be foreign.
The Oscar design team is a small tight knit group of ambitious and grounded people. It goes without saying that egos won't fit on the team. We expect designers to be great on their own but even better as part of the team.
Who are you?
- A designer with 4+ years of experience in the digital space.
- You’ve conceived and iterated product features based on data, analytics, and strategy.
- Experience building products with multidisciplinary teams.
- Capable of balancing user and business needs.
- Deep product experience demonstrated through a portfolio of multiple case studies.
- Fluent in modern web technologies and the fundamental understanding of front-end development.
- Sharp eye for detail and highly developed organizational skills.
- Excited to contribute and take ownership at an early stage of a company.
- Flexible in a fast-changing startup environment (able to “roll with the punches”).
- Great foundational design skills (typography, composition, overall good design sensibilities.)
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.