Clinical Operations Associate
At Oscar, we’re working hard to provide the kind of health insurance we want for ourselves. As a start-up, we get to be creative and to build an excellent operation from the ground up.
We’re hiring an Associate for our Clinical Operations team, which works to ensure our members get access to the right care – particularly our members who need the most. In this role, you will be responsible for understanding the regulatory requirements for the states we operate in. You will also collaborate with other teams at Oscar to contribute to improving workflow processes.
Deliverables: What you have to achieve
Here at Oscar we move quickly and are perpetually introducing new ideas. We need you not only to be able to think analytically and strategically, but, just as important, to execute on those ideas.
During your first six weeks, you should have:
- Developed an in depth understanding of the regulatory requirements in the states we operate in
- Developed an in-depth understanding of our clinical review workflows and data
- Begun to independently respond to escalated issues requiring analysis
- Begun to develop working relationships with key internal stakeholders (Compliance, Legal, Quality, Ops, and Tech functions)
- Begun to become a critical source of support for one direct report analyst
Afterwards and on an ongoing basis, you will:
- Serve as project manager for the team during regulatory audits
- Ensure the clinical review team is compliant to all regulations
- Help the clinical review team prepare for expansion into new markets
- Manage the development and maintenance of policies and procedures
- Work with your operational colleagues and the clinicians to deliver on continuous process improvement, from identifying pain points and needs to developing and implementing solutions
Winning factors: What leads to success
We’re looking for someone with 3-5 or more years work experience. Must-have qualifications and expertise include:
- Structured/analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to break down complex processes and communicate them and your ideas simply and clearly
- A curious mind and innate passion for making things work better
- Acute attention to detail
We think it will make a big (positive) difference if you have:
- A bachelors degree
- Experience in healthcare
- Experience managing a direct report
- Regulatory or compliance experience
- Experience working in a fast-moving, collaborative environment
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit https://www.hioscar.com/
Jobs You May Like
Cloud Project Manager
Cloudreach, Chicago, Atlanta, New York
Operations Lead - New York
Lyft, New York, NY
Postmates, San Francisco
Senior Engagment Manager
Zuora, New York
Shopify, Waterloo, Canada
Sr. Director, Workplace and Real Estate
PlayStation, San Mateo, CA