Hi, we're Oscar.
We are changing how health insurance works. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent and human. We need your help to do so. We brought together leaders from top technology, service and healthcare companies to work side by side to disrupt health insurance. The result? Better people, better ideas, and better healthcare.
About the Role:
Health care is big and complicated. At Oscar, we have the privileged position of touching many parts of the system and getting access to the associated data. The Risk team analyzes this data to better understand and modify Oscar’s health care costs and deploy programs and tools. You’ll work alongside data scientists and statisticians, and with other teams on projects across the company.
We’ll throw you in the deep end, expect you to understand complexity, distill it, explain it and drive improvements across the business. Some of the questions we tackle include:
- How do we identify high quality doctors and medical providers?
- How do we intelligently and creatively support our sickest members?
- Can we make sure people are matched with the right level of care when they need it?
- What medical services are worth reviewing or getting a second opinion on?
- How can we figure out what someone is sick with when data is incomplete?
Outstanding structured and critical thinking
- A passion for understanding complex issues with a data driven approach
- A technical bent and the ability to use or to learn to use tools to answer your own questions (e.g. Excel/SQL/Python)
Be someone that gets things done
- Be able to put together a project plan and drive a team of people with different skills to produce tangible results.
- Enjoy experimenting and iterating on different ways to solve a problem.
Zoom in and out
- Willing to master the detail when you need to but also zoom out and have a view on how to shape the bigger picture.
- Be able to do math on on your feet.
- Enjoy switching in and out of business, clinical and social ways of thinking.
The following will be helpful, but are not essential…
- A proven track record in either performing data driven analytical work or project managing complex initiatives.
- Knowledge of health care, health economics, health policy, or health insurance.
Above all, be thoughtful and humble.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit https://www.hioscar.com/
Jobs You May Like
Tile, San Mateo, CA
MBA Internship Program: Summer 2018
Red Ventures, South Charlotte
Senior Counsel/Counsel Production Labor
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Revenue Systems Analyst
TripAdvisor, Needham, MA
APAC Accounts Payable
Netflix, Singapore, Singapore
Copyright and Content Protection Coordinator
Netflix, Los Angeles, California