What is Oscar?
Oscar is changing how health insurance works. We are creating a healthcare experience that’s intuitive and puts people, not cost or workflows, first. We’re using a consumer-focused and tech- driven approach to do so. This positions us uniquely in the space - and creates one of the biggest opportunities in healthcare in decades.
We’ve brought together leaders from top technology, service and healthcare companies to deliver on our promise. We all work side by side in a collaborative, energetic, and creative environment. The result: better people, better ideas, and better healthcare.
What is the role?
As a key member of Oscar’s sales team, you will lead the company’s sales efforts in California. You’ll be responsible for growing membership in Oscar’s individual and small group health insurance products through the implementation of traditional insurance sales channels, as well as the pursuit of innovative sales strategies. On the traditional side, you will drive Oscar’s broker strategy in the state, ensuring that insurance brokers across our coverage area have the information and tools to effectively sell Oscar. On the creative side, you’ll test and iterate on ideas to drive buzz at a local level and create efficient pathways for individuals and groups to enroll with Oscar. Examples could include building relationships with influential organizations and individuals in the local market, or conceiving and planning large-scale enrollment events.
Deliverables: What you have to achieve
- Build and manage our California sales team
- Provide local competitive intelligence and market research for Oscar HQ Business and Marketing teams
- Support Oscar HQ Business team efforts to evaluate geographic expansion, new product lines, insurance plans and pricing
- Drive our California broker strategy and GA relationships to bolster their ability to sell Oscar
- Develop and implement local marketing strategies to boost brand awareness and new individual and business customer acquisition (in close partnership with the Oscar HQ Marketing team)
- Identify and test new growth opportunities, sharing learnings with broader Oscar teams
- Coordinate with Communications team on local PR strategy, including earned media
- Get involved with local communities of influence (e.g., Chamber of Commerce) to spread the Oscar story
- Support Network Construction and Network Operations teams as needed, at the direction of HQ teams
Winning factors: What leads to success
This is a unique opportunity to have a significant impact on the trajectory of a rapidly growing startup in a massive and important market. We’re looking for someone with 7+ years of health care experience, who is entrepreneurial, creative, and has a proven ability to drive revenue growth. They need to have the ingenuity to develop new and innovative ways to reach prospective members, as well as the discipline to measure the results and isolate the strategies that work. We're looking for a candidate with the right abilities and attitude to ensure Oscar’s launch in California is a huge success.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit https://www.hioscar.com/
Jobs You May Like
Curalate, Philadelphia, PA
Assistant Showroom Manager
Peloton, Plano, TX
Luxury Retreats Ambassador Rome
Airbnb, Rome, Italy
Sales Support Specialist - Seasonal
Peloton, Short Hills, NJ
Sales Associate, Brooklyn
Bonobos, Brooklyn, NY
Account Executive, SMB
Slack, San Francisco