Who is OurHealth?
OurHealth is a team of people dedicated to transforming healthcare by providing employer-sponsored primary care clinics focused on the best patient care. We are partners in working for total well-being through thorough appointments, dedicated health coaching and a strong referral network. We are passionate about our patients, and it shows! Learn more at www.ourhealth.org.
Our mission is to radically transform the consumer healthcare experience.
Our vision is to use compassion, technology, and science to guide people toward better health and greater happiness.
We educate consumers on which actions lead to greater well-being, make care easier to access when needed, deliver exceptional holistic primary care services, and connect consumers to high value providers to best meet individual needs ensuring more value for each dollar invested.
Location: This position is 36 hours/week at our Wilmington, OH location.
The Medical Assistant will collaborate with the provider and other clinic team members to deliver excellent patient care. Collect vital signs, patient history, and specimens. Perform phlebotomy, point of care testing, and administer injections and medications as directed by the provider in addition to other clinical tasks. Administrative duties include ordering supplies, updating/maintaining medical records and scheduling appointments.
A Medical Assistant at OurHealth will do the following on a regular basis:
- Welcome patients to the clinic, obtain consents, and ensure appropriate medical history has been obtained and recorded prior to the visit.
- Provide a concierge-level of customer service with the patients.
- Assist patients with coordinating and scheduling appointments, labs, and referrals.
- Measure and record vital signs.
- Carry out the orders of the provider concerning patient care in a competent and safe manner.
- Order and facilitate the arrival of medical supplies, office supplies, and medications
- Work with computers, web-browser technology, and EMR systems
- Track wellness incentives
- Foster a team environment with fellow support staff and providers
- Assist provider with Occupational Health examinations and administrative duties, as applicable
- Outreach and follow up with patients to drive quality clinical outcomes (Healthy Outcomes)
- Manage insurance claims and billing, as applicable.
- Ability to perform Occupational Health and Safety services as needed/applicable including drug screens, physicals, etc.
- Ability to perform all other duties as requested or assigned
A successful Medical Assistant at OurHealth will have the following:
- Completion of a medical assisting program and/or 2+ years of healthcare experience
- Certification or registration preferred
- Minimum of 1 year of direct patient care experience in primary focused ambulatory care clinic
- Phlebotomy experience preferred
- Occupational Health & Safety experience preferred
- Basic Life Support certification required
- Understand medical terminology
- A commitment to OurHealth’s mission
- Team-oriented attitude
- Thorough attention to detail
- Self-awareness to ask questions when help is needed
- Solid communication skills: written, verbal, and listening
- A commitment to being present for every scheduled shift as patient care depends on you!
- An ability to travel to various OH clinics within the region of their home clinic, as needed
Why OurHealth? OurHealth co-founders Ben Evans and Dr. Jeff Wells created a company with a unique vision to revolutionize healthcare delivery through a patient-centric wellness approach leading to healthier people and more affordable health services. Our dedicated team delivers results and raises the bar for a superior consumer healthcare experience. Our unique consumer focus allows us to customize the best solution for our clients, maximizing client cost savings. OurHealth has no ownership or affiliation with any hospital, insurance company or other established healthcare provider allowing for flexibility in solutions for our clients. OurHealth provides dedicated client engagement teams focusing on service excellence and communication. Clinic staffing, on-boarding and training are focused on best practices and needs in the local market. Along with a unique client focus to customize the best solution for the client, OurHealth provides timely and actionable reporting to help support and motivate clinic use to maximize the client’s cost-savings.
Want to learn more about OurHealth? Visit OurHealth's website.
Jobs You May Like
Project Success Lead