Who is OurHealth?
OurHealth is a team of people dedicated to transforming healthcare by providing employer-sponsored primary care clinics focused on the best patient care. We are partners in working for total well-being through thorough appointments, dedicated health coaching and a strong referral network. We are passionate about our patients, and it shows! Learn more at www.ourhealth.org.
Our mission is to radically transform the consumer healthcare experience.
Our vision is to use compassion, technology, and science to guide people toward better health and greater happiness.
We educate consumers on which actions lead to greater well-being, make care easier to access when needed, deliver exceptional holistic primary care services, and connect consumers to high value providers to best meet individual needs ensuring more value for each dollar invested.
This position is located in Charlotte, NC.
We are always looking for talented Medical Assistants to join our team on a PRN, part-time, or full-time basis. Please indicate which option(s) interests you on the application.
A Medical Assistant at OurHealth will do the following on a regular basis:
- Schedule patients electronically, telephonically, and/or in person
- Room patients and complete their work-ups (vitals, history gathering, phlebotomy, communication of care-plan/s, and coordination of follow-up)
- Provide front office support by welcoming patients to the clinic, obtaining consents, ensuring appropriate medical history has been obtained and entered prior to the visit
- Understand medical terminology
- Carry out the orders of the provider concerning patient care in a competent and safe manner. These duties include but are not limited to phlebotomy, EKGs, POC testing, spirometry, patient teaching, medication dispensing (under a provider’s orders/direct supervision), vital signs, follow up care instructions, notification of test results, referrals to both specialty care and diagnostic care, etc.
- Coordinate clinical follow up/s including scheduling appointments, labs, referrals, etc.
- Order and facilitate arrival of medical supplies, office supplies, and medications
- Work with computers, web-browser technology, and EMR systems
- Track wellness incentives
- Foster a team environment with fellow support staff and providers
- Diligently work to engage all members into clinical utilization through outreach efforts
A successful Medical Assistant at OurHealth will have the following:
- Completion of a medical assisting program, certification preferred
- Minimum of two years’ direct patient care experience in primary focused ambulatory care clinic
- A commitment to OurHealth’s mission
- A concierge-level of customer service with the patients at all times during an appointment and afterwards
- Team-oriented attitude
- Ability to maintain annual certifications in CPR and licensing as well as clinical skills as required
- Self-awareness to ask questions when help is needed
- Ability to occasionally lift 10-20 pounds
- Sufficient vision acuity for routine computer use
- Ability to walk, sit, or stand at moderate levels
- Solid communication skills: written, verbal, and listening
Why OurHealth? OurHealth co-founders Ben Evans and Dr. Jeff Wells created a company with a unique vision to revolutionize healthcare delivery through a patient-centric wellness approach leading to healthier people and more affordable health services. Our dedicated team delivers results and raises the bar for a superior consumer healthcare experience. Our unique consumer focus allows us to customize the best solution for our clients, maximizing client cost savings. OurHealth has no ownership or affiliation with any hospital, insurance company or other established healthcare provider allowing for flexibility in solutions for our clients. OurHealth provides dedicated client engagement teams focusing on service excellence and communication. Clinic staffing, on-boarding and training are focused on best practices and needs in the local market. Along with a unique client focus to customize the best solution for the client, OurHealth provides timely and actionable reporting to help support and motivate clinic use to maximize the client’s cost-savings.
Want to learn more about OurHealth? Visit OurHealth's website.
Jobs You May Like
Executive Producer, Vox Podcasts
Vox Media, Washington D.C.
Program Manager, International & Strategic Programs
Carbon, Redwood City
Technical Account Manager - Atlanta, GA
Shape Security, Atlanta
Peloton, Houston Warehouse
Primary Care Physician
Forward, San Francisco
Ghana: Fulfillment Operations Professional