As a Shop Supervisor you will be focused on supporting our efforts to deliver the best overall customer experience. Shop Supervisors have a direct impact on the success of Outdoor Voices through customer interactions, process ideation and improvement, and feedback to both store and corporate leadership.
- Use your personality, love of the brand and product knowledge to connect all customers to the brand and welcome them to the OV community
- Develop a deep understanding of OV customer and product. Understand their journey, elevate their feedback, and identify opportunities for improvement. You are our customer’s voice to the rest of the company.
- Assist customers with their product needs in order to provide them with their uniform for recreation
- Take ownership of all day-to-day customer interactions— in the shop, in the community, online and over the phone. No task is too small.
- Drive loyalty by connecting customers with our brand and the notion of the Doing Things, both in and outside of our store.
- Work with Brand Reps and other leaders to improve and streamline our customer’s experience.
- Connect customers to our community by assisting with in shop and out of shop engagement efforts such as in-shop events, studio visits and mindshare moments
- Serve as acting manager in the absence of a manager on the floor driving both business results and Doing Things culture
- Perform opening and closing procedures as well as managing cash handling at the start or end of the day
- Communicate updates to the team and write daily wrap-ups when a manager is not present
- Complete operational tasks as needed, including but not limited to: cycle counts, inventory reconciliation, and online order fulfillment.
- Assist Shop Leaders in training new employees.
- 1-3 years of Retail apparel experience— leadership a plus
- Seasoned expert at exceptional customer service
- Self-starter with a propensity for Doing Things
- Positive, high energy, and eager to learn
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to motivate others towards a common goal
Full Time Shop Supervisors will be expected to work 35-40 hours per week predominantly opening or closing shifts. Must also be available to work weekends.
Compensation / Perks:
- Competitive Hourly-based wage.
- Clothing Allowance & Discount on OV apparel.
- Becoming part of the OV internal community
About Outdoor Voices:
We believe in Doing Things — moving your body and having fun with friends. From dog jogs to dodgeball, we make clothes for sweating without the added pressure. Our Recreational team is made up of casual joggers, dog walkers, and dribble-dribblers who approach activity with ease, humor, and delight. Since launching in 2014, Outdoor Voices been featured in The New York Times, Vogue, Wall Street Journal, GQ, Forbes, and Fast Co.
About Outdoor Voices
The Outdoor Voices team are casual joggers, dog walkers, hikers, dribble-dribblers, and team players who bring activity into everything we do — from product design to team culture. They’re on a mission to grow a community of Recreationalists, and have fun along the way.