Pager delivers a “doctor in your family” healthcare experience by making it simple for consumers to connect with the trusted experts they need to make the right healthcare decisions. Through AI-enabled technology, Pager brings consumers, nurses, doctors and other members of the care team together through text, voice and video chat, all in one place. We partner with healthcare organizations to deliver seamless, tech-enabled services and solutions for a consumer experience that leads to better decisions, outcomes and healthier lives. Started in 2014 and based in New York City, Pager is led by seasoned technology and healthcare entrepreneurs to redefine the way that consumers interact with their healthcare.
Pager is hiring a Senior Platform Engineer to develop tools for infrastructure management, automation, monitoring, and operations for our engineering team. The ideal candidate’s prior work experience reflects high standards for engineering with proven capabilities. The candidate possesses the ability to take on important business challenges and execute them with precision and quality.
- Build strong relationships with development and end-users/clients with a focus on client service and delivery and fostering the Platform culture
- Troubleshoot and debug web and application servers for system and application issues
- Produce high quality installation and configuration documents
- Provide system administration, configuration, and troubleshooting of the Linux environment
- Act as a technical expert to provide support and software upgrades for applications
- Work with the product, design and QA teams
- 5+ years of experience as a Platform or DevOps Engineer
- Some sort of background in a coding language is required (NodeJS, Python, Go, etc …)
- BA/BS degree, preferably in a technical field (Computer Science, IT, etc) or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with Linux/Unix administration
- Strong knowledge of cloud services and infrastructure (AWS, Google, Azure, etc)
- Experience with automation/configuration management (Docker, Puppet, Chef or an equivalent)
- Experience with build automation tools (Jenkins, Travis CI, CircleCI, etc)
- Strong background in computer networking
- You find satisfaction in a job well done and want to solve head-scratching challenges
- Node.js, Python, Go
- Native iOS and Android
- React, Vue.js, ember.js
- Mongo, Postgres, Redis
- Jenkins, Docker, AWS, Google Cloud
- New Relic, Sentry, Pagerduty
- Microservice architecture
- Open source
At Pager, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About Pager At Pager, we are on a mission to transform healthcare, by offering patients better tools and more access to high quality care. Meet our team Pager is a mobile-first, patient-facing technology that is changing how people connect with and navigate healthcare. Founded by a group of experienced entrepreneurs, Pager is considered a leading innovator in the healthcare industry.