Founded and headquartered in New York City, Pager is the healthcare care management company that is changing how people connect with, navigate and experience healthcare. By connecting and triaging patients through mobile-first, chat-centric clinical services, Pager is addressing a very real need for broader access to care in a more comprehensive and convenient way than traditional telemedicine, urgent care, and concierge medicine models allow. Pager has been serving patients in New York since 2014 and has successfully treated over 60,000 patients to date. Through the company’s partnerships with nationally recognized health plans and provider organizations Pager is actively expanding its reach across the country.
From its inception as a tech-enabled house call provider, Pager has evolved to a complete healthcare platform offering services that include chat triage, referrals, and prescription delivery and labs. Backed by NEA, Lux Capital, and Sound Ventures, Pager has built an AI-powered, consumer-friendly mobile app to service patients round the clock.
Pager’s proven ability to increase patient engagement and lower the cost of care drives a growing number of partnerships with health plans and health systems seeking a capable partner to boost member satisfaction, customer loyalty, and retention while mitigating the high cost of over-utilized emergency care.
Reporting to and working closely with the Chief Executive Officer and broader commercial team, the Director of Payer Sales & Business Development will be responsible for building and expanding Pager’s health plan footprint on the national scale and further defining and evangelizing Pager’s value proposition. This individual will spearhead Pager’s go-to-market strategy, industry segmentation, deal sourcing, deal shaping, and execution efforts across the payer market and IDN arena. S/he will be responsible for growing existing client contracts and relationships as well as identifying and securing contracts with new prospects. S/he will develop and maintain long-term relationships with key senior health plan leaders and lead the sales strategy and execution to effectively provide solutions to these clients.
This individual should have a proven track record of managing relationships in the healthcare payer market and will leverage his/her existing rolodex to orchestrate complex contracts with health plans. Relationship-driven and mission-oriented, this commercial leader will build strong relationships with a consultative sales mindset. S/he will be passionate about Pager’s mission to be a consumer-first patient engagement and care coordination platform revolutionizing the delivery of care.
• Formulate and articulate go-to market strategy, identifying prospective health plan and IDN partners and executing on existing BD pipeline
• Develop and execute a regional and national sales plan, strategically identifying target organizations and building a pipeline to expand beyond existing clients and pilots
• Develop relationships with Pager champions within client organizations to facilitate collective buy-in among diverse range of client stakeholders
• Function as a deal-driver and deal-shaper; identify, construct, negotiate, and close complex gain-share and/or population health improvement-based deals
• Understand target customer’s business needs, leveraging consultative skills to develop customized proposals
• Serve as the internal health plan expert and act as a thought partner to other executives
• Drive consensus among product, engineering, marketing, and operations teams within Pager to ensure successful messaging and execution of client contract
The ideal candidate has the following qualities
• Comfortable with high pressure for execution on complex deals
• Proactive doer who thrives in autonomous environment
• Strong communicator who can distill complex ideas and data-sets into clear, actionable insights for both clients and team members
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree is preferred
• 8-12 years of Business Development/ Sales/ Consulting experience at a payer-facing entity, consulting firm, or health plan
• Exhibit a “roll up your sleeves” work ethic and motivation to work tenaciously to drive long-term enterprise value growth.
• Deep experience and understanding of the healthcare payer space and a proven experience executing large, complex, deals, and long-term client partnerships into a variety of healthcare stakeholders, including regional health plans and other at-risk organizations
• Entrepreneurial mindset and drive; understands how to intelligently use resources (i.e., capital and talent) to realize vision and see it through to success
• Relationship-oriented, people-centric, high EQ executive who leads with a mission-driven lens; track record of being a strong leader as well as a collaborative colleague
• Ability to be in New York or San Francisco with company executives and travel nationally to meet prospective and existing clients
About Pager At Pager, we are on a mission to transform healthcare, by offering patients better tools and more access to high quality care. Meet our team Pager is a mobile-first, patient-facing technology that is changing how people connect with and navigate healthcare. Founded by a group of experienced entrepreneurs, Pager is considered a leading innovator in the healthcare industry.