We are looking for an Engineering Manager to lead a team of cross-discipline engineers (Backend, Frontend, and QA) in the E2E development of high-quality software that drives our business.
This is an ideal opportunity for a leader to work in a high velocity, high impact environment and cultivate a growing team of bright, passionate engineers. We’re looking for compassionate leaders who believe in leadership through service, by example, and with empathy.
Our growing team is composed of over 60 engineers with diverse backgrounds in mobile, web, backend and machine learning. You will be working with individuals who are very passionate about their craft and share their opinions in healthy debate. Our team includes engineers located in the New York City area, across the US and around the world so this role can be worked from anywhere!
You’re a good fit if
- You prefer leading small teams (4-7 engineers) of different disciplines and seniority
- You are smart and get things done in an organized and detail-oriented manner
- You love cultivating strong relationships with external stakeholders which will include Product Managers, Engineering Managers on other teams, as well as the operational and clinical staff employees who are using our product internally
- You advocate for bi-directional feedback from both your direct reports and your manager
- You have a strong sense of ownership and take pride in the things you build
- You can drive change by winning hearts and minds rather than using your “Manager card”
- You enjoy learning new things, reading documentation, and see yourself as a self-starter.
- You are passionate and want to keep coding, documenting, pair-program, and reviewing PRs
- You love working with Product to ensure smooth execution of deliverables
You have 5+ years as an IC and 1+ years as an engineering manager
Your day to day will look like
You will provide support, feedback, and career development to your direct reports through consistent 1:1’s, coaching, and pair-programming. You will ensure your reports are aligned with Engineering and Product initiatives and remove blockers if necessary.
You will partner with your Product counterpart (Product Manager assigned to your squad) and together you will co-own and facilitate the agile rituals (standups, sprint kickoffs, grooming, retros, etc.). You will ensure the roadmap includes Engineering-focused needs including, but not limited to tech debt cleanup and remediation items from incidents. You will co-own Product Requirements Document ensuring features and user stories are thoroughly fleshed out with acceptance criteria and designs and so that they’re ready to picked up by engineers.
You will provide a good pulse and report on the execution and overall health of your squad to your manager with respect to deliverable and individual team members performance.
You will own or co-own some of the Engineering department OKRs.
You will help communicate and facilitate organizational and procedural changes as they come.
OUR TECH STACK
- React, Vue.js,
- Redux, VueX
- Jest for unit testing
- Mongo, Postgres, Redis
- Hapijs, @hapi/code, @hapi/lab
- Jenkins, Drone, Cloudbuild
- Docker & K8S,
- Google Cloud, AWS
- IaC: Terraform, Helm
- Observability & Alerting: Prometheus, Grafana, New Relic, Sentry, Pagerduty
- Native iOS
- Native Android
We strive for service oriented architecture (help us break the monolith!) and we try to adhere to open source development style/standards.
At Pager, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About Pager At Pager, we are on a mission to transform healthcare, by offering patients better tools and more access to high quality care. Meet our team Pager is a mobile-first, patient-facing technology that is changing how people connect with and navigate healthcare. Founded by a group of experienced entrepreneurs, Pager is considered a leading innovator in the healthcare industry.
Want to learn more about Pager? Visit Pager's website.
If you're passionate about trading & technology, you'll find success.