Pager is hiring a Software Engineer, Backend to join a team of product engineers working on our middlewares, plugins and other integrations initiatives. You’ll be involved in the development of software that powers people like us and yourself to get quality healthcare from the comfort of our homes or on the go.
Our growing Engineering team is composed of over 40 Engineers and nearly 60 members in the overall department from diverse technical backgrounds in mobile, web, backend, platform and machine learning. You will be working with individuals who are very passionate about their craft and share their opinions in healthy debate. Our teams are located in New York City, across the US and around the world.
What you’ll do
- Participate in technical discussions leading to design decisions for Pager’s APIs, services and applications
- Investigate complex problems related to performance, security and architectural design to successfully deliver robust and scalable solutions
- Actively maintain and build a culture of learning, respect, transparency, and trust
- Collaborate and learn from other engineers from diverse backgrounds
- Communicate cross functionally to drive both engineering and product alignment
You’re a good fit if
- You have 3+ years of software engineering experience with a passion for solving backend challenges
- You possess knowledge in several of the following domains: microservices, databases, GraphQL, Kubernetes, Docker, AWS, GCP
- You are passionate about our mission to help consumers navigate their entire care journey, connecting them to the right care, in the right place, at the right time — like having a doctor in your family
Our tech stack
- Our frontend is built in React and some Vue.js
- Our backend is built with Node.js utilizing MongoDB, Postgres, Redis and RabbitMQ
- Our platform consists of utilizing Kubernetes primarily in Google Cloud and some AWS
- We monitor our production environment with New Relic, Sentry, SumoLogic and PagerDuty
- Our SDKs are currently available for iOS, Android, React, React Native, Web and Xamarin
At Pager, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About Pager At Pager, we are on a mission to transform healthcare, by offering patients better tools and more access to high quality care. Meet our team Pager is a mobile-first, patient-facing technology that is changing how people connect with and navigate healthcare. Founded by a group of experienced entrepreneurs, Pager is considered a leading innovator in the healthcare industry.
Want to learn more about Pager? Visit Pager's website.
The social news and entertainment company.