Freelance UX Designer
Paintzen, New York
Paintzen is the easiest way to get your home or office expertly painted.
We are looking for a user-experience designer responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, wireframes and prototypes. You will also design the overall functionality of our products and iterate upon it to ensure a great user experience. This position is a project based freelance role. You are estimated to work about 20 hours per week, and will be asked to work remotely, as well as to in the office to discuss challenges, review drafts of work or have working sessions with the dev or design teams.
- Lead the charge in making Paintzen the most intuitive, seamless, and simple way to repaint your home or office.
- Conduct user research, get out in the field to talk to people and conduct usability tests and studies on production and prototypes.
- Translate concepts into wireframes and mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitate product goals by researching, conceiving, wireframing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences for digital products.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces spanning both web and mobile.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions by coming up with multiple options and using proven data-driven techniques to identify the best designs.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Work beside a product manager to gather input from stakeholders and weigh it into consideration when designing a product. Also, drive decisions that are bigger than just design back through those stakeholders.
- Three or more years of UX design experience.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams.
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design and the ability to impart that understanding to others.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- A diverse portfolio of your work that shows both final products and a conceptual thought process with prototypes, wireframes, and user scenarios
Paintzen helps you find a solid, dependable painter for any kind of paint job. Just answer a few questions and you'll have an accurate quote and dedicated project manager to book your paint job within minutes.
Want to learn more about Paintzen? Visit https://www.paintzen.com/
Jobs You May Like
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
National Sales Manager
Yelp, Chicago, IL
Manager, Originals Slate Publicity - Junkets/Conventions
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Coordinator, Contract Administration - Business Team
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Technical Support Associate
Eventbrite, Nashville, Tennessee
Operations Associate, Early Stage Markets
Lyft, San Francisco, CA