VP of Engineering
Paintzen, New York
Paintzen is the easiest way to get your home or office expertly painted.
Paintzen is not just revolutionizing the way the world paints. We’re technology and data freaks focused on making our industry-leading pricing algorithm even better and releasing an array of products people love. Stemmed by our triple-digit revenue growth, Paintzen is backed by top-tier venture investors, has developed industry-leading partnerships, and is now bringing in executive level talent.
We’re currently looking for a VP of Engineering to be a hands-on leader, ready to scale our people, culture, technology, development process, and business. Your work will empower our entire fleet of products, including our consumer facing website, web apps, and mobile experience, as well as our internal tools, APIs, and services. We believe there is much more we can do to improve our existing offering, expand the market, and craft innovative experiences for our customers, and you will be very center of making that happen.
What we are looking for:
The ideal candidate should be an experienced, hands-on technology leader, with expertise in taking engineering teams from early growth through mature organizations, as well as a consistent track record of developing platforms that scale both technologically and operationally.
To be successful, you have experience in the following areas:
• BS in Computer Science, Math, or a related technical field
• 7+ years of software development and architecture experience
• Experience working in a startup environment
• Experience acting as a technical lead, ability to mentor and lead other software engineers
• Experience building and operating large scale systems
• Mastery of web programming frameworks, including React, Angular, and Node
• Application of agile methodologies to iteratively improve the customer experience and optimize engineering productivity
• Use of fact-based analyses to deliver recommendations to senior management about decisions related to managing the software development process and team
• Directly managed engineering teams, led recruiting, hiring, retention, and training process for engineers
• Experience managing QA processes and methodologies
• Extremely organized, with a firm grasp on your calendar and to-dos
• Work directly with the CEO, CTO, and other key team members to define the platform roadmap and ensure its implementation throughout the development life cycle
• Grow the engineering team beyond the current size and help attract and train the most gifted and passionate engineering talents
• Coach team members on coding practices and in making business-driven decisions
• Define objectives and track results for team members in a supportive, motivating, and factdriven way
• Emphasize quality and scalability of the engineering product while optimizing processes
• Collaborate with product teams to understand and translate requirements, ensuring specifications and architecture design meet broader technical strategic goals
• Identify, research, and propose strategic initiatives in a way that balances both the short and long term company goals
Paintzen helps you find a solid, dependable painter for any kind of paint job. Just answer a few questions and you'll have an accurate quote and dedicated project manager to book your paint job within minutes.
Want to learn more about Paintzen? Visit https://www.paintzen.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Counsel/Counsel Production Labor
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Product Designer - Intern - Summer
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Full Stack Developer
CB Insights, New York
Senior Software Engineer - Studio Engineering
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Senior Product Designer, Growth
Coursera, Mountain View, CA