Palantir Technologies, Seattle, WA
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.
Some of the things our Software Engineers have done:
- Built a web-based mapping interface that handles millions of data points dynamically displayed at once.
- Constructed an analysis platform on top of a columnar database and custom infrastructure that allows complex numerical analysis at the petabyte scale.
- Built AtlasDB, which provides high-scale, reliable data storage for Palantir products. This NoSQL distributed data store adds a transactional layer that gives the whole system ACID properties.
- Developed a WYSIWYG web app for quickly creating interactive, data-driven web sites.
- Worked on a variety of Palantir open-source projects. Some of our favorites, available on our GitHub page, are Blueprint, Plottable, TSLint, and AtlasDB.
Technologies We Use
- A variety of languages including Java and Go for backend and Typescript for frontend.
- Open-source technologies like Cassandra, Spark, ElasticSearch, React, and Redux.
- Industry-standard build tooling, including Gradle, Webpack, and Github.
What We Value
- Must be planning on graduating in 2021
- Strong engineering background in fields such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering, and Physics
- Advanced-level Computer Science coursework, including in algorithms and data structures; experience with Java and/or web technologies a plus
- Familiarity with data structures, storage systems, cloud infrastructure, front-end frameworks, and other technical tools
- Ability to collaborate and empathize with a variety of individuals. You can iterate with users and non-technical stakeholders and understand how your technical decisions impact them
- Demonstrated ability to learn and work independently and make decisions with minimal supervision
- A desire to work on software that can change the world and a passion for creating intuitive, scalable products that augment our users' ability to work with data
About Palantir Technologies
At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
Want to learn more about Palantir Technologies? Visit Palantir Technologies's website.
Jobs You May Like
Guidance, Navigation, and Control Engineer
Astranis, San Francisco, CA
Staff Frontend Engineer
SurveyMonkey, San Mateo
Data Warehouse Developer
Cloud -Lead Python Engineer - Billing
Senior Software Engineer
JUMO, Cape Town, South Africa
Fullstack Developer (Copenhagen)
Issuu, Copenhagen, Denmark