Palantir Technologies, New York, NY
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.
Some of the things our Software Engineers have done:
- Built a web-based mapping interface that handles millions of data points dynamically displayed at once.
- Constructed an analysis platform on top of a columnar database and custom infrastructure that allows complex numerical analysis at the petabyte scale.
- Built AtlasDB, which provides high-scale, reliable data storage for Palantir products. This NoSQL distributed data store adds a transactional layer that gives the whole system ACID properties.
- Developed a WYSIWYG web app for quickly creating interactive, data-driven web sites.
- Worked on a variety of Palantir open-source projects. Some of our favorites, available on our GitHub page, are Blueprint, Plottable, TSLint, and AtlasDB.
Technologies We Use
- A variety of languages including Java and Go for backend and Typescript for frontend.
- Open-source technologies like Cassandra, Spark, ElasticSearch, React, and Redux.
- Industry-standard build tooling, including Gradle, Webpack, and Github.
What We Value
- You are a strong coder—regardless of which language you use or how you learned it, we’re looking for people who can write clean, effective code.
- You enjoy collaboration with others—our work isn’t carried out in a vacuum, and everyone contributes to get the job done.
- You understand that making mistakes means you’re learning, and you actively seek opportunities to grow and develop.
- You are passionate about creating intuitive and scalable products that magnify the analytical capabilities of our users.
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and constantly revising assumptions in response to new information.
- You want to work on software that is changing the world.
- Must be planning on graduating in 2019.
About Palantir Technologies
At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.