Head of Financial Audits
Palantir Technologies, Palo Alto, CA
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.
- Drive and manage SOX compliance activities - including annual planning for the program (risk assessment and determining scope), walk-throughs, documenting and analyzing procedures and controls, preparing and reviewing appropriate work papers, and continuously working to enhance the SOX program to become more efficient and effective.
- Coordinate with co-sourced providers, external auditors, internal leaders and process owners to ensure engagement and timely execution of audit work and the SOX compliance program including alignment on SOX planning, walk-throughs/testing, audit requests, and deficiency evaluation.
- Serve as a reliable and insightful ‘go-to’ partner to the business in providing internal control advisory services, and assisting in redesign and implementation efforts that improve the control environment and address control deficiencies.
- Own education and training of control owners so they better understand internal controls framework and their responsibilities for internal controls over financial reporting.
- Lead and manage all phases of financial compliance and operational audits, including but not limited to, audit risk assessment - scoping, planning, fieldwork, execution, and reporting.
- Participate in process reviews and identify opportunities for improvements in operational efficiency and overall effectiveness of the processes and controls.
- Prepare clear, written, fact-based reports for board and leadership use and working with management on documenting action steps to reduce risk.
- Research and stay current on new technical literature applicable to the internal control process (e.g. PCAOB guidance, SEC, COSO etc.).
What We Value
- 12+ years of audit and project management experience (including 3+ years’ management experience) within an Internal Audit or SOX function at a public company and/or with a public accounting firm.
- Professional certification such as CPA, CA or CIA required.
- Experience in financial controls audits covering revenue process in software services company is required.
- Experience in the use of auditing and assessment frameworks, the application of professional standards, and in performing risk assessments.
- Ability to leverage data analytics to perform targeted sampling techniques and using automation for continuous monitoring.
- Deep knowledge of GAAP, COSO, Sarbanes Oxley Act, and PCAOB Rules, as well as knowledge of the IIAs Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the Code of Ethics
- Experience with leadership reporting, leveraging effective written and verbal communication
About Palantir Technologies
At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
Want to learn more about Palantir Technologies? Visit Palantir Technologies's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Tech Jobs For You
Supply Chain & Operations, Integrated Planning and Fulfillment...
Accenture, Multiple Locations, USA