Forward Deployed Software Engineer
Palantir Technologies, Stockholm, Sweden
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.
Technologies We Use
- Core Palantir products provide the foundations for our deployments.
- Custom applications built on top of core Palantir platforms.
- Postgres, Cassandra, Hadoop, and Spark for distributed data storage and parallel computing.
- Java and Groovy for our back-end applications and data integration tools.
- Typescript, React, Leaflet, and d3 for our web technologies.
- Python for data processing and analysis.
- Palantir cloud infrastructure based on AWS EC2 and S3.
- Impact: We take on meaningful and challenging projects that change the world for the better.
- Dedication: We see projects through from beginning to end in spite of obstacles we may encounter.
- Collaboration: We work internally with people from a variety of backgrounds — such as other FDSEs, product teams, and Deployment Strategists. We also work externally with our customers, often on site, to understand and solve their problems.
- Trust: We trust each other to effectively manage time and priorities—we don't micromanage. We want to give people the space to think for themselves.
- Growth: We push ourselves and our peers to improve themselves and the world around them.
- Learning: We often face entirely novel problems, where we need to pick up a lot of new information and learn how to use it to make progress.
What We Value
- Strong engineering background, preferred in fields such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering, Physics.
- Familiarity with data structures, storage systems, cloud infrastructure, front-end frameworks, and other technical tools.
- Understanding of how technical decisions impact the user of what you’re building.
- Ability to work effectively in teams of technical and non-technical individuals.
- Skill and comfort working in a rapidly changing environment with dynamic objectives and iteration with users.
- Demonstrated ability to continuously learn, work independently, and make decisions with minimal supervision.
- Willingness and interest to travel as needed.
- Security clearance or the ability to obtain a clearance.
About Palantir Technologies
At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
Want to learn more about Palantir Technologies? Visit Palantir Technologies's website.
Jobs You May Like
IT Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) Analyst
Peloton, NY HQ
Senior Frontend Developer
Staff Software Development Engineer in Test, Health Coaching Platform
Fitbit, US - Boston
Senior Salesforce Integration Engineer
Cloud Data Consultant
Software Engineer - Data Platform
Checkr, San Francisco