Dev Operations Engineer - US Government
Palantir Technologies, Washington, D.C.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.
- Manage and secure Linux-based cloud systems and networks.
- Automate management and monitoring systems to maintain application reliability and performance within SLOs.
- Introduce continuous improvements to our build and release processes and tooling.
- Think about systems - their edge cases, failure modes, and life cycles - and how to improve the long-term reliability and scalability of Palantir's services.
- Design, build, and maintain core services and infrastructure used by Palantir.
- Participate in operations, including a 24/7 on-call rotation once a month.
- Help debug, improve, and optimize Palantir's services and infrastructure.
Technologies We Use
- Languages: Python, Go, and Java
- Systems Management: Terraform, Docker, Ansible, and Puppet
- Cloud Platforms: AWS, Azure, GCP
- Linux: CentOS 7, 8; Ubuntu 18.04+
What We Value
- Active US Security clearance, or ability and willingness to obtain a US Security clearance.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex systems issues independently using observability tools and stack traces.
- Ability to identify and automate highly manual tasks.
- Demonstrated experience with large scale production systems and technologies - for example, load balancing, monitoring, distributed systems, or configuration management.
- Ability to work with a high level of autonomy and responsibility in a rapidly changing environment with dynamic objectives and iteration with users.
- Demonstrated ability to continuously learn and drive ongoing improvements within and across teams.
- Experience with Kubernetes.
- Experience building and implementing load testing solutions.
- Experience with cost & performance optimization
- U.S. Security Clearance (secret and above)
About Palantir Technologies
At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
Want to learn more about Palantir Technologies? Visit Palantir Technologies's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.