Palantir Technologies, Palo Alto, CA
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.
- Be responsible for the revenue recognition process from quote- to-cash.
- Drive revenue and cost of revenue accounting month-end close process by creating and validating accruals, preparing journal entries and account reconciliations, ensuring policy compliance and developing standard reports.
- Document sales contracts and related revenue accounting treatment under current software revenue recognition rules.
- Provide technical guidance, training, and support to the Finance, Legal and Business Development teams.
- Work actively with external auditors to ensure that revenue recognition interpretations are consistent and adhere to GAAP.
- Build cross-functional working relationships within the company.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives related to revenue processes, including reporting, data gathering, analysis and enhancement of existing processes for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Gain a solid understanding of business transactions and accounting flow.
What We Value
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in business administration, economics, finance, accounting, or related field.
- 5+ years’ experience within a large public accounting firm and/or a small to mid-size enterprise software company.
- Extensive experience in application of US GAAP, specifically in the area of revenue recognition.
- Highly skilled in the interpretation of SOP 97-2 and other revenue recognition accounting pronouncements as well as applicability to specific technical accounting transactions.
- Strong communications, presentation, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to summarize key accounting and operational issues to management.
- Complex analytic problem solving and project management skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Proficiency with NetSuite and/or other revenue recognition accounting systems.
- CPA (preferred but not required).
About Palantir Technologies
At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
Want to learn more about Palantir Technologies? Visit Palantir Technologies's website.
Jobs You May Like
Manager - Accounting
Eventbrite, San Francisco, California
Senior Financial Analyst
Conductor, New York, New York
Accounts Payable Specialist
Indigo, Memphis, TN
Head of Investor Relations
Looker, Santa Cruz
Analista Contable Jr
Jampp, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Public Affairs Senior Associate