Palantir Technologies, London, United Kingdom
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.
Some of the things our Software Engineers have done:
- Built a web-based mapping interface that handles millions of data points dynamically displayed at once.
- Constructed an analysis platform on top of a columnar database and custom infrastructure that allows complex numerical analysis at the petabyte scale.
- Built AtlasDB, which provides high-scale, reliable data storage for Palantir products. This NoSQL distributed data store adds a transactional layer that gives the whole system ACID properties.
- Developed a WYSIWYG web app for quickly creating interactive, data-driven web sites.
- Worked on a variety of Palantir open-source projects. Some of our favorites, available on our GitHub page, are Blueprint, Plottable, TSLint, and AtlasDB.
Technologies We Use
- A variety of languages including Java and Go for backend and Typescript for frontend.
- Open-source technologies like Cassandra, Spark, ElasticSearch, React, and Redux.
- Industry-standard build tooling, including Gradle, Webpack, and Github.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering, or Physics.
- Familiarity with data structures, storage systems, cloud infrastructure, front-end frameworks, and other technical tools.
- Understanding of how technical decisions impact the user of what you’re building.
- Ability to work effectively in teams of technical and non-technical individuals. You enjoy collaboration with others—our work isn’t carried out in a vacuum, and everyone contributes to get the job done.
- Skill and comfort working in a rapidly changing environment with dynamic objectives and iteration with users.
- Demonstrated ability to continuously learn, work independently, and make decisions with minimal supervision. You understand that making mistakes means you’re learning, and you actively seek opportunities to grow and develop.
- You want to work on software that is changing the world and you're passionate about creating intuitive, scalable products that magnify the analytical capabilities of our users.
About Palantir Technologies
At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
Want to learn more about Palantir Technologies? Visit Palantir Technologies's website.
Jobs You May Like
Lead Software Engineer - Data Infrastructure
Discord, 444 De Haro St
Senior Front End Software Engineer
Machine Learning Engineer
EnerNOC, US - Bend OR
CircleCI, North America
Customer Success Manager
Cloudflare, San Francisco, CA
Junior Front-end Developer
Warby Parker, New York Office