Software Engineer, Site Reliability Engineering
Palantir Technologies, Palo Alto, CA
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.
Some of The Things Our Software Engineers Have Done
- Built configuration management solutions to manage Palantir deployments and services.
- Developed systems to detect and remediate known issues, to improve overall reliability of Palantir products and services.
- Built sophisticated monitoring systems to provide actionable intelligence.
- Optimized performance and tuning for critical services that back critical Palantir infrastructure.
- Improved the fault tolerance and disaster recovery of Palantir services.
Technologies We Use
- A variety of languages including Python, Java and Go.
- Postgres, Cassandra, Hadoop and Spark for distributed data storage and parallel computing.
- AWS, VMWare ESX, KVM, Xen, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Puppet for Configuration Management.
- Linux systems, CentOS and Red Hat.
What We Value
- Strong engineering background, preferred in fields such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering, Physics.
- You are a strong coder — we’re looking for people who can write clean, effective code in Python, Ruby or a similar language.
- You have several years of Linux experience and are comfortable debugging systems performance issues.
- You enjoy collaboration with others—our work isn’t carried out in a vacuum, and everyone contributes to get the job done. You have the ability to work effectively in teams of technical and non-technical individuals.
- You understand that making mistakes means you’re learning, and you actively seek opportunities to grow and develop.
- You are passionate about creating intuitive and scalable products that magnify the analytical capabilities of our users.
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and constantly revising assumptions in response to new information.
- You are passionate about security and are always looking into ways to improve the security posture of systems and services
- You want to work on software that is changing the world.
About Palantir Technologies
At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
Want to learn more about Palantir Technologies? Visit https://www.palantir.com/
Jobs You May Like
Full Stack Software Engineer
MuleSoft, Buenos Aires
Senior Monitoring DevOps Engineer
PlayStation, San Francisco, CA
Full Stack Software Engineer
Palantir Technologies, Seattle, WA
Entry-Level Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
IBM, Multiple Cities
iOS - Senior and Principal Level Engineers
TripAdvisor, Needham, MA
Site Reliability Engineer - Machine Learning Systems
Quora, Mountain View, CA