Technical Tax Specialist
Palantir Technologies, Palo Alto, CA
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.
In this role, you will:
- Analyze new direct and indirect tax laws, regulations, reporting requirements, and court cases, and implement those that impact tax compliance and reporting.
- Control correspondence with tax authorities during examinations, including preparation of responses, protests, and appeals.
- Assist in the development and implementation of international tax and transfer pricing strategy and policies, including BEPS initiatives.
- Ensure transfer pricing entries are properly recorded in accordance with intercompany agreements.
- Lead the monthly and quarterly tax accounting and reporting process, including monthly tax journal entries, account reconciliations, and quarterly variance analysis.
- Review worldwide income tax returns, tax provisions, and indirect/transaction tax returns.
- Automate, scale, and streamline the tax workflow, initially focusing on tax provision and account reconciliations.
- Find other broken things and fix them, deepening your understanding of the business in the process.
What We Value
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Business, or related field.
- 6+ years of working experience within a large public accounting firm and/or a small to mid-size enterprise software company with a strong concentration in tax.
- Extensive experience in application of tax law, working knowledge of US GAAP/IFRS.
- Demonstrated ability to develop non-traditional solutions to novel issues.
- Extremely well organized with a proven ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- CPA or tax advisor.
- Startup experience/work in a low structure, high autonomy environment.
About Palantir Technologies
At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
Want to learn more about Palantir Technologies? Visit https://www.palantir.com/
Jobs You May Like
Financial Analyst, Participations
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Senior Finance Associate
Bonobos, New York, NY
Kickstarter, San Francisco
Financial Applications Analyst
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Sr. Risk Policy Manager
Wish, San Francisco, United States
BarkBox, Columbus, OH