Palantir Technologies, Palo Alto, CA
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.
A World-Changing Company
At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
Enterprise software should be beautiful and compelling. Visual Designers are helping to bring a new level of quality to people who have never had access to well-designed software at work: scientists, relief workers, civil servants, healthcare workers, and homicide detectives, just to name a few. Visual Designers have the space and the freedom to think deeply and holistically about the visual languages we use. We pay critical attention to typographic hierarchies, readability, space, color, tone, and balance.
A great Visual Designer knows that form informs function and usability—that the surface layer doesn’t exist in a vacuum—and that means the partnership with the Product Designer is a two-way conversation. We believe it is often important to have an owner for each of these facets. Dedicated roles help us ensure that we can meet the high bar of quality we’ve set for ourselves. Visual Designers own the look and feel of our products; together with Product Designers, User Researchers, and Product Engineers, we refine and evolve the quality of all Palantir software.
The Design Team
The Palantir Design team is responsible for creating the human experience of using our software, as well as the execution of our brand. We design everything from user interfaces, to immersive experiences in our buildings and events, all the way down to awesome illustrated teeshirts we’re famous for.
We help to achieve connection and understanding. Our users must create knowledge from data in our software, potential customers and candidates need to understand and relate to the story of our company and the awesome work we do, and it's our job to help tell these stories.
We believe that everyone should have access to excellence in design—utility and beauty—in whatever form it takes. Designers are highly valued in the company for our vision, our ability to learn and adapt, and our creativity and inventiveness. We’re growing rapidly, yet focused on creating a tight-knit group of people that enjoy each other’s company in an atmosphere that fosters trust, integrity, empathy, and growth.
What We Value
- Excellent communication skills. You have a proven ability to build great relationships, and convey and debate design rationale. You are the person that people can’t wait to collaborate with.
- Empathy, not ego. We strive to understand our users and we fight to empower them.
- A profound love of engineers. Palantir is an engineering company, and we get to work with some of the best in the world. Engineers realize our vision—and we realize theirs—and together we create software that our users love.
- A highly iterative design process. We move fast, we listen, and we adapt. We rapidly incorporate feedback, and we relentlessly collaborate. You must be adept at giving and receiving critiques.
- A mastery of tools. We move with ease across software and fidelity, depending on the task at hand. Sketch.app, Hand-coding, Photoshop, Illustrator, or Keynote—and good old-fashioned pencil and paper.
Palantir is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster
and EEO poster supplement
for additional information.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected]
or you may call us at (650) 473-9158.