Deployment Strategist - Privacy & Civil Liberties
Palantir Technologies, New York, NY
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.
- Understand and stay up to date on legal and ethical areas relevant to Palantir’s work and the mission of our customers, such as privacy and data protection, military ethics, and/or transparent and accountable use of Artificial Intelligence (AI).
- Provide timely and nuanced advice to deployment teams, Palantir leadership, and customer counterparts.
- Work directly with Palantir teams and clients to shape and deploy data protection and data governance workflows in Palantir products.
- Present Palantir’s work, products, and PCL philosophy to a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders, ranging from advocacy organizations to C-suite executives.
- Craft white papers, demos, and collateral for proposals that highlight Palantir’s cutting-edge privacy-enhancing products.
- Develop a deep understanding of Palantir’s product offerings, and work with our Software Engineering and Product Design teams to ensure that privacy protections are built into those offerings by design.
- Contribute to creating a company environment in which Palantirians are encouraged and empowered to critically evaluate and discuss the ethical implications of our work.
What We Value
- Research, regulatory, legal or policy experience focused on privacy, data protection, military ethics, and/or AI ethics.
- Adaptive and introspective; willing to learn, teach, lead, and follow. Ability to understand differing perspectives, navigate sensitive situations, and carefully craft courses of action in multi-stakeholder conflicts.
- Demonstrated experience taking on open-ended problems, and developing actionable solutions to ambiguous problems.
- Strong written, oral communication, and presentation skills. Ability to communicate at the executive level internally and externally, including security, compliance and business leaders, as well as regulators, oversight bodies, and civil society groups.
- Willingness and interest to travel both domestically and internationally as needed. Ability to travel 25 – 75% preferred, but requirements vary by project and location.
- Language proficiency in additional languages such as German, French, or Arabic is a plus. Varies by location.
- Demonstrated experience with new technologies and the software industry (e.g. through relevant coursework, publications, or programming skills) is a plus.
- Active US Security clearance or eligibility and willingness to obtain a US Security clearance is a plus for U.S. locations.
About Palantir Technologies
At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
Want to learn more about Palantir Technologies? Visit Palantir Technologies's website.
Using digital technology to transform the physical world