A World-Changing Company
At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
Our Deal Team members collaborate with multiple Palantir teams to proactively engage with existing and prospective commercial customers, leading the structuring and negotiation of deal terms so that Palantir can continue to drive positive impact in the world.
As a member of the Deal Team, you will partner closely with Palantir’s Sales, Legal, Finance, and Engineering teams to drive deal execution and support our sales efforts at scale, while directly owning the development and negotiation of commercial terms for commercial customers. You will use your expertise to unite our customer’s needs and considerations with our company’s commercial strategy, using your creativity to identify the right structure and approach for each customer. You will also utilize your understanding of the business landscape and build relationships with internal partners, increasing the visibility of deal progress and forecasting impact across all levels of our organization, from analysts to C-suite executives.
In this role, you will also support various special projects that arise at our fast-paced, mission-focused company. We’re a team that values both creativity and teamwork. Whether operating solo or collaboratively, we endeavor to achieve great results on challenging, time-sensitive deal discussions and projects.
You'll be given open ended objectives and expected to find ways to turn them into outcomes. By focusing on the broad vision without losing sight of the details, you'll bring large and multi-phase deals to successful completion while prioritizing team outcomes over individual wins. You are able to deliver complex commercial contract and deal information in an understandable way, and can manage high touch stakeholders in a constantly shifting landscape. You are ready to become an expert on the intricate details of deal negotiations and contracts that enable Palantir to implement its cutting-edge technology to solve real-world problems.
- Collaborate with Sales counterparts to develop the pricing terms and commercial structure for each commercial customer.
- Manage negotiations of commercial terms during the contracting process, leading or guiding communications as appropriate for the situation, and draft materials in support of deal negotiations, including pricing proposals and order forms.
- Cooperate with internal Sales, Legal, Finance, and Engineering teams to drive deals to execution, providing trusted guidance for navigating negotiations and procurement processes and maintaining engagement throughout the customer lifecycle to develop and negotiate commercial terms for renewal and up-sell opportunities.
- Ensure alignment of individual deal terms with company-wide strategy, while also addressing individual customer needs and considerations.
- Partner with Finance team to provide leadership with visibility of deal progress and forecasting impact.
- Present the results of our work and proposals for new deals to audiences ranging from analysts to C-suite executives, and distill your experiences with individual customers into suggested improvements for deal structures and contract terms.
What We Value
- 5+ years of commercial contracting or partnership negotiation experience; experience negotiating SaaS or other technology agreements is a definite plus.
- Demonstrated experience approaching problems creatively and analytically.
- Ability to build strong relationships and collaborate both with a cross-functional team and with customers, leveraging effective communication as well as strong writing and customer service skills .
- Strong program/project management skills, including the ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment, and meet deadlines with minimal supervision or administrative support.
- Adaptive, empathetic, and introspective; willing to learn, teach, lead and follow.
- Willingness and ability to work outside of standard business hours as needed.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems. Palantir does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster
and EEO poster supplement
for additional information.
Palantir is committed to making the job application process accessible to everyone. If you are living with a disability (visible or not visible) and need to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please reach out
and let us know how we can help.