A World-Changing Company
At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
The Endpoint Engineering team is responsible for building, monitoring and deploying endpoint and security tooling for all endpoints (workstations and mobile devices) across Palantir. We find creative approaches to engineering the configurations of endpoint environments to allow Palantirians to be productive, mobile and secure while providing an excellent user experience.
Our team works closely with the Information Security, Network Engineering, and Technical Support teams. In addition, we are highly tuned to our customers, fellow Palantirians, ensuring we are providing a reliable and consistent experience.
This Endpoint Systems Engineer will primarily focus on building a singular scalable solution to manage all endpoints at Palantir unifying physical (e.g. workstations, VTCs, printers, etc.) and virtual (e.g. workstations and developer environments) management. You will build stable, high-performing, and secure tooling and scripts to automate and improve the end-user experience as well as maintain management tooling server infrastructure. In this role, you will make data-driven decisions, ensure we are building tools that resolve common issues, and proactively address issues before they are found by end-users. You automate yourself out of mundane tasks to focus on making a larger impact. You are an analytical thinker, with proven troubleshooting skills. You have strong customer service skills and a customer-driven mind.
We are looking for people who are detail-oriented, highly adaptive, and enjoy contributing to a dynamic team environment. If you love solving difficult engineering problems, pushing the boundaries of industry standards, and are passionate about redefining endpoint systems engineering, join our team. We've been waiting for you.
- Build automation for proactively identifying and correcting workstation issues.
- Manage Mac workstations as a first class solution.
- Proactively monitor and measure workstations to detect trends and catch problems before users are impacted.
- Create documentation on system designs, procedures, and processes.
What We Value
- 5+ years of enterprise management experience.
- Demonstrated development or software engineering experience and a focus on improving the endpoint experience.
- Extensive knowledge of Jamf Pro or similar.
- Working knowledge with modern configuration tooling such as Puppet and package managers (e.g. Munki, AutoPkg).
- Proficiency with scripting in any of the following or similar languages: Bash, Zsh, Python.
- Familiarity with information security such as device encryption, anti-virus tooling, digital certificates, and security policies.
- Familiarity with networking fundamentals such as DNS, DHCP, firewall, VPN, and PKI.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and disability coverage
- Paid leave for new parents and emergency back-up care for all parents
- Family planning support, including fertility, adoption, and surrogacy assistance
- Stipend to help with expenses that come with a new child
- Commuter benefits
- Relocation assistance
- Unlimited paid time off
- 2 weeks paid time off built into the end of each year
Our benefits aim to promote health and wellbeing across all areas of Palantirians’ lives. We work to continuously improve our offerings and listen to our community as we design and update them. The list below details our available benefits and some of the perks that can be enjoyed as an employee of Palantir Technologies.
The starting salary for this position is estimated to be $95,000 year. Total compensation includes approximately $15,000/year of equity compensation in the form of Restricted Stock Units, based on the recent value of the company’s stock at the time of grant. Further note that total compensation for this position will be determined by candidate’s relevant qualifications, work experience, skills, and other factors. This estimate excludes the value of any potential sign-on bonus; the value of any benefits offered; and the potential future value of any long-term incentives.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems. Palantir does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information. Palantir is committed to making the job application process accessible to everyone. If you are living with a disability (visible or not visible) and need to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please reach out and let us know how we can help.