A World-Changing Company
At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us!
Just as our software helps solve our customers’ most challenging problems, it can help solve our own problems, too — with your help! Palantir’s Legal team is seeking a Software Engineer to provide critical support designing, building, and implementing world-leading software for our legal, data protection, and compliance workflows. In this role, you will apply your problem solving ability, creativity, and technical skills to help our team use data to drive our business and legal outcomes, just as our Forward Deployed Software Engineers (FDSEs) do for our customers in the field. You will help design and implement product solutions that increase the efficiency and effectiveness of our legal, privacy, and compliance programs, developing solutions that may also help drive these outcomes for our customers, too.
Palantir’s Legal team is a multi-disciplinary group of lawyers and non-lawyers navigating and supporting our global business operations, our adherence to our ethical standards, and our compliance with external legal obligations. Our ideal candidate for this role will be passionate about using technology to develop actionable technical solutions while working closely with technical and non-technical counterparts. You will have an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to learn new technologies and even develop them yourself. To succeed in this role, you must excel at working autonomously and making decisions independently, but doing so within a supportive, demanding, and interdependent team and broader organization.
- Develop an understanding and sophistication around Palantir’s commercial product offerings in order to leverage products effectively for our own business purposes.
- Apply strong engineering and communication skills to develop technical solutions to abstract legal and compliance challenges, in collaboration with Palantir's legal team, data protection team, compliance team, and other internal stakeholders.
- Develop and test new technologies and products for ultimate use by Palantir customers in the field.
- Deploy data assets and technologies effectively throughout your problem solving.
- Collaborate across multiple internal technical and non-technical teams in order to develop and implement data-driven workflows to help grow Palantir’s business in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
What We Value
- Strong engineering background, preferably in fields such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering, Physics, or Data Science.
- Ability to design, implement, and scale intuitive compliance-enhancing products for diverse user groups.
- Familiarity with data structures, storage systems, front-end frameworks, and/or other technical tools.
- Ability to navigate complex situations and interact with many different people and viewpoints, working to establish and build relationships with key partners.
- Ability to continuously learn, work independently, and make decisions with minimal direction.
- Experience in any of the following domains a plus: security, machine learning techniques, machine learning driven applications, machine learning infrastructure and/or internet of things.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems. Palantir does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster
and EEO poster supplement
for additional information.
Palantir is committed to making the job application process accessible to everyone. If you are living with a disability (visible or not visible) and need to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please reach out
and let us know how we can help.