Pantera Capital, San Francisco, California
See jobs at Pantera Capital
The primary responsibilities of the analyst can be broken down into four areas:
- Sourcing - proactively identifying new investment opportunities and qualifying inbound leads for the firm by meeting with entrepreneurs.
- Deal Diligence - helping the team evaluate new investment opportunities through market research, product reviews, competitive analysis, metrics analysis, customer/user reviews and technical diligence.
- Portfolio Work - collaborating with the team to support the Pantera Capital portfolio.
- Ecosystem building - being an active contributor to the blockchain/cryptocurrencies community by organizing activities, participating in local events and looking for ways to help make the Pantera team stronger.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Passion for blockchain/cryptocurrencies and a desire to use technology as an enabler and catalyst to change the world
- 0-2 years of relevant work experience in venture capital, investment banking, or a startup/technology business. Native understanding of blockchain technology; technical background with experience reviewing white papers is a plus
- Strong written and analytical skills for deal analysis and internal reporting
- Strong interpersonal skills. Our analysts are meeting with entrepreneurs and other members of the startup community on a regular basis
- An ability to work well within a team and be self-guided on a day-to-day basis
About Pantera Capital
Pantera Capital is an investment firm focused exclusively on ventures, tokens, and projects related to blockchain tech, digital currency, and crypto assets. Founded in 2013... As the first U.S. Bitcoin investment firm, Pantera Capital is the leading blockchain investment firm and one of the largest institutional owners of cryptocurrencies. Our mission is to act as the catalyst for widespread blockchain adoption and innovation.
Exclusively focused on investing in blockchain technologies, the Pantera team is experienced in both traditional finance and emergent blockchain technology. Having strong relationships with some of the most promising entrepreneurs and other top investors in the space, Pantera is fulfilling its strategic investment philosophy by building a diversified portfolio and bringing industry-specific value-add resources to its portfolio companies.
Within the next several years, we envision blockchains and digital currencies having an established, responsibly managed, and regulated role in the global economy, soon after disintermediating a myriad of industries.
Want to learn more about Pantera Capital? Visit Pantera Capital's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.