Parsley Health, New York
Advanced medicine, wellness, and nutrition from doctors who care.
Parsley Health is looking for a full-time Backend Developer to build elegant APIs and evolve our data models and systems architecture in a secure, HIPAA compliant environment. We are a revenue-generating, health-tech startup reinventing the primary care model.
We need a backend engineer to develop and evolve the systems which power our business. Making our billing, medical charting, scheduling, CRM and other systems talk to each other is hard work. Our unique user data has to be be kept secure and available at all times — the patient portal and our business insights depend upon it. We have a fully containerized and distributed infrastructure using Docker, deploys happen via Git and CI, and our larger stack that includes Postgres, Redis, RabbitMQ and React / Redux.
- Develop and evolve third-party integrations and systems synchronization
- Maintain and add to a service-oriented architecture
- Ensure code-quality and availability of our backend infrastructure
- Creating new API features to support consumer-facing products
- Create routines and data models to support business analytics
- Explore promising new technologies to further differentiate our care and product
- 3+ years work experience as a software engineer
- Experience developing RESTful APIs in modern web frameworks
- Docker, CI tools, testing frameworks and other code quality tools are crucial
- Google Cloud / AWS / cloud-centric development experience is required
- Work with modern databases like PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB
- Our stack uses Node.js, so server-side JS experience is preferred, but Java, Go or Python are also great
- A strong background with scalable data systems, like Apache Kafka, Spark, Amazon Redshift is a huge plus
- Competitive salary
- Early employee stock options
- WeWork membership and benefits
- Free Parsley Health membership
Why join Parsley Health?
We are rebuilding the health care system from the ground up by creating a delightful, empowering, and impactful health experience for everyone. You would be part of a mission-driven team founded by a doctor and serial entrepreneur that is already making big waves in health and wellness. Join us to make those waves bigger, and to make medicine the way it should be - for all.
About Parsley Health
Want to learn more about Parsley Health? Visit Parsley Health's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Tech Jobs For You
Engineering Director, Reporting, Insights and Prediction
Spot Hero, Chicago, IL, United States, Toronto, Ontario, Canada