The health care system isn’t doing enough for patients. But you can help change that. PatientsLikeMe is leading the social medicine space by allowing people to: share their health data, to track their progress, to help others, and change medicine for good. Each time someone shares their experience, they're helping the next person diagnosed learn what could really work for them, and helping researchers shorten the path to new treatments. We’re passionate about improving the lives of patients, improving the healthcare system, working on hard technical problems and doing all of this with teamwork. If you want to work with great people for a well-funded organization on an initiative that matters, we want to talk to you. Come make a difference in patients’ lives with us!
Who are we hiring?
We’re looking for a new senior iOS Engineer to join the team. Our Engineers work collaboratively together and with our UX Designers and Product Managers to deliver web applications to enhance the lives of our patients and health research. Our current platform is a responsive mobile design and we’re at a stage in the user life cycle where we need to develop a native mobile application for iOS and Android.
For our senior positions, experience beyond coding, such as working with internal or external customers or leadership is a plus. Our new Mobile Engineers in particular will work closely with the Design team and cross functionally with other business units to ensure a successful roll-out.
More about what you’ll do in these roles:
- Lead our initiative to create a new native iOS app for our existing web product to increase engagement of our existing user community and attract new users.
- Participate in all stages of software development - from early brainstorming to coding and bug fixing
- Write excellent, performant code and associated tests
- Work with designers to create an engaging and easy to use UI.
- Discuss product requirements with others, both inside and outside of engineering
- Principal Engineers are part of the Platform team which sets the technical direction for PLM and is involved in all high level architectural decisions
More about what we’re looking for:
- 5 – 8+ years of software engineering experience.
- 4+ years of iOS development experience (Our app is in Swift).
- Delivered iOS applications to the Apple App Store.
- Knowledge of the iOS SDK performance tools and optimization techniques.
- Expert in the full mobile development life cycle. With knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architecture, trends and emerging technologies.
- Principal Engineers should have previous experience being a manager, tech lead, or team lead
- Team player, ability to teach as well as learn. We really like working together. No jerks, please.
PatientsLikeMe, the world’s largest personalized health network, helps people find new options for treatments, connect with others, and take action to improve their outcomes. The company has worked with every major pharmaceutical company and a range of government organizations to bring the patient voice to research, development and public policy. With 500,000 members, PatientsLikeMe is a trusted source for real-world disease information and a clinically robust resource that has published more than 100 research studies. PatientsLikeMe is now a central part of iCarbonX's Digital Life Alliance, which is working to combine biological and patient-generated data with artificial intelligence technology to more rapidly detect meaningful signals about health, disease and aging, deliver a personalized guide for living a healthy life, and help industry learn even more about how to improve outcomes, and lives.
Want to learn more about PatientsLikeMe? Visit PatientsLikeMe's website.
Jobs You May Like
Machine Learning Engineer
PlanGrid, San Francisco, CA
Flexport, San Francisco, CA
Senior UI Engineer - Ads Engineering
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Director, Database Infrastructure
MLB Advanced Media, MLB Advanced Media, New York
Network Security Engineer
Intersection, New York
Senior Software Engineer, DSP Platform - Contractor
Vungle, San Francisco