PatientsLikeMe is leading the charge to create the largest healthcare unicorn ever, and we are seeking an exceptional, creative talent to lead our UX Design team. Through our products and services, we are uniquely positioned to drive meaningful change for people in health and wellness. To achieve our ambitious goals, we are bringing on a creative design leader to drive our Design and Product Marketing support organization in development of best in class consumer-facing product offerings. Reporting to the CTO, the Design Director is the creative design owner of our products. You will serve as the thought leader in design of new product offerings from conception to launch and continued development of the PLM.com web and mobile experiences.
The ideal candidate leads design teams by example, has a high-quality design eye, has a passion for creating consumer products, and is an exceptional team builder and developer of talent. If you are hungry for a role where you will build and lead a multidisciplinary team of Designers and User Researchers to rapid development of innovative consumer design, we want to hear from you!
Key Objectives of the Role:
- Show us what “great” looks like in design, create an enchanting design strategy to develop products for users of all generations to engage with in pursuit of living better through health and wellness.
- Hire, develop, and lead an exceptional team of Designers and User Researchers.
- As the Design Director, your team owns the visual and user experience of our products and works both with our products teams to build functionality and with marketing to develop our brand. Lead them to develop innovative consumer products in uncharted spaces.
- This individual operates in support of the entire senior leadership team. You will report to the CTO/EVP Technology, but will partner across the entire organization. Passionately represent the design perspective for researchers, product owners, marketing and senior leadership.
- Develop quality, quickly! We have big goals for product creation, we’ll give you the space and resources to get there.
- 10+ years’ experience in product design.
- Demonstrated success in consumer space as a creative designer and leader.
- Passion for creating highly engaging consumer designs.
- Prior experience leading high functioning, multi-disciplinary teams.
- Demonstrated success working cross-functionally with marketing and product leaders.
- Exposure to health and wellness or Life Sciences industries desired but not required.
To be considered for this position please submit your portfolio along with resume and cover letter.
PatientsLikeMe, the world’s largest personalized health network, helps people find new options for treatments, connect with others, and take action to improve their outcomes. The company has worked with every major pharmaceutical company and a range of government organizations to bring the patient voice to research, development and public policy. With 500,000 members, PatientsLikeMe is a trusted source for real-world disease information and a clinically robust resource that has published more than 100 research studies. PatientsLikeMe is now a central part of iCarbonX's Digital Life Alliance, which is working to combine biological and patient-generated data with artificial intelligence technology to more rapidly detect meaningful signals about health, disease and aging, deliver a personalized guide for living a healthy life, and help industry learn even more about how to improve outcomes, and lives.