Frontend Engineer, Trust & Safety
Patreon, San Francisco, CA, New York, NY
A membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid
Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $2 billion directly to creators on our platform. With this level of growth comes the responsibility to keep the platform safe from illegal or offensive content, from financial crimes, and from scams and fraud. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for a frontend engineer to join our Trust and Safety team.
This role can be based in SF, NYC, or Remote.
What you will do:
- Build software and tools to keep Patreon and our creators safe from all sorts of malicious activity, in a macro environment where scams and content moderation are at the forefront of the technology industry
- Collaborate with engineers, data scientists, product managers, and operations teams to efficiently detect bad activity
- Develop tools and experience for reviewers and for creators to have seamless and personalized interactions when we need to reach out
- Consistently level up our bad activity detection systems and algorithms so creators can focus on what matters most: their creativity and livelihood!
Skills and experience you possess:
- Demonstrated frontend engineering experience on larger, cross-functional projects
- Experience in React, or a willingness to learn
- Not required to have specific experience in Trust and Safety, although that’s a plus. You’ll learn plenty while you’re on the team!
Projects you may work on:
- Seamless tools for operational teams to investigate and act on potential malicious activity
- Customer-facing flows and experiences to ensure that creators stay safe and Patreon has the right information to keep them safe
What you will have the chance to learn:
- Trust and Safety as a domain
- Modern machine-learning approaches to adversarial problems
- Technologies we use and teach: React, Python, AWS, MySQL
Who You'll Work With:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Values:
- Put Creators First. WHEN CREATORS WIN, WE WIN.
- Build with Craft. WE SIGN OUR NAME TO EVERY DELIVERABLE.
- Make it Happen. WE DON’T QUIT, WE LEARN AND DELIVER.
- Win Together. WE GROW AS INDIVIDUALS, WE WIN AS A TEAM.
Want to Learn More About Patreon?
Patreon is a membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid. Thousands of musicians, podcasters, video game developers, comic creators, and others are making a salary on Patreon. Through ongoing funding, they are able to spend more time engaging their fan-base in an interactive way and continue to populate the internet with beautiful things that millions of people enjoy
Want to learn more about Patreon? Visit Patreon's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.
Tech Jobs For You
Senior Engineer, Backend (Money Squad)
Spot Hero, Chicago, IL, United States, Toronto, Ontario, Canada