Trust and Safety Representative
Patreon, San Francisco
A membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid
Patreon is looking for someone with a strong background in trust and safety work to join our trust and safety team. Patreon deals with payment processing and content hosting, two areas that come with a huge number of risk factors. As a Trust and Safety Representative you will protect Patreon and our creators from the risks we face. If you enjoy thinking about new and creative ways to catch fraudsters, stop online abuse, and make sure everyone is following the rules then this is the perfect role for you.
We believe that people who make great things should get paid for the value they give to the world. We strive to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it fast and easy to run a business as a professional creator, so that creators can focus on making art.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. A diversity of perspectives will help us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons, and enable us to best accomplish our mission of funding the creative class. To learn how we're working towards this, please click here!
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill that vision. We believe that hiring smart, ambitious people and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results.
What you would do:
- Investigate users reported for violations of our content policy.
- When violations are found reach out to the users and take appropriate corrective action.
- Investigate and respond to inquiries from users in areas of responsibility owned by the Trust and Safety team.
- Work closely with Creator Care to guide creators when they unknowingly violate terms.
- Help research and implement best practices as we build our Trust and Safety team.
Skills you possess:
- 1-2 years of Trust and Safety experience, preferably relating to content policy.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high volume startup environment
- Able to balance empathy with skepticism while investigating potential violations.
- Interest in recording and analyzing data to find trends.
- Passion for and interest in Patreon and our mission.
- Strong communication and analytical skills.
What you will have the chance to learn:
- Judgment and communication skills as you balance enforcing the rules with deep empathy for creators and world class customer service.
- How to scale a trust and safety team at a fast growing startup as we automate sophisticated tools for fraud and policy violations.
- Encyclopedic knowledge of trust and safety responsibilities for a platform that processes payments and hosts user generated content, including: chargebacks, money laundering, stolen credit card fraud, scams, content policy enforcement, abusive users and DMCA takedown notices.
Patreon is a membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid. Thousands of musicians, podcasters, video game developers, comic creators, and others are making a salary on Patreon. Through ongoing funding, they are able to spend more time engaging their fan-base in an interactive way and continue to populate the internet with beautiful things that millions of people enjoy
Want to learn more about Patreon? Visit Patreon's website.
Jobs You May Like
Director of Movement Capacity Building
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, Palo Alto
Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
MongoDB, New York City
Regional Counsel, Canada
Airbnb, Toronto, Canada
Commercial Finance Analyst, Global Operations
Prodigy Finance, Cape Town
Accordion Partners, Financial Accounting & Advisory Services