Head of Trust and Safety
Patreon, San Francisco
A membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid
Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $150 million directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for a Head of Trust and Safety to build and lead a world-class trust and safety function that fosters unparalleled levels of trust between Patreon, creators, and patrons on our platform. It’s imperative that we swiftly and securely send money from patrons to creators, and that we ensure content on Patreon builds an intimate and safe venue for a diverse range of creators and communities.
What you would do:
- Set a multi-year vision and strategy for the team and manage the execution of that strategy.
- Hire leaders and build a team that exemplifies empathy, clarity, and outstanding results.
- Inspire, motivate, and project manage cross functional teams that include teammates from our support, account management, legal, engineering, product, marketing, and communications departments.
- Establish operational excellence in our decision-making and user-facing communication processes.
- Oversee fraud, chargebacks, content policy, and account security; report on the business impact of these initiatives with clear metrics.
- Use Patreon's creator first views to innovate in the Trust and Safety field and move the industry forward.
Skills and experience you possess:
- Growth mindset - You strive for greatness; your curiosity is limitless; you have an intense desire to learn and explore.
- Judgement - You have a history of making tough decisions based on complex information and difficult tradeoffs.
- Strategic and analytical thinking - You ask incisive questions that uncover the heart of an issue; you frame data so that it effectively conveys the right takeaways.
- Team building - You’re prepared to build and lead a team that contributes to a culture of high performance and unusual compassion. You’ve led a Trust and Safety team for multiple years, and have scaled with a company from 100-500+ employees.
- Expertise - You have at least 5 years experience working on Trust and Safety, Risk, Fraud, and/or Content teams.
- Management - Your management craft is honed. You’re eager to foster learning and growth for others in addition to yourself; you’re an expert at giving and receiving feedback.
- Written and Verbal communication - You are a clear and effective communicator. You are comfortable engaging and debating an executive team.
- Project management - You have successfully run company-wide initiatives across multiple departments.
- Creator Centrism - You respect, understand, and admire the creative class.
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
- This role reports to the VP of Operations, who reports to the CEO.
- You will lead our Fraud and Content teams. Together the teams are ~6 people and set to more than double in 2018.
- This role participates in Patreon’s cross-functional risk council.
- This leader will work closely with Patreon’s executive team.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. Not only is it the right thing to do, but pursuing diversity of perspectives helps us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons. To learn how we're working towards this, please click here.
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill on it. We believe that hiring smart, thoughtful, people and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results. We encourage you to learn more about how we think about culture at Patreon, to make sure we’re the right place for you.
Want to learn more about Patreon?
- Check out video testimonials, photos, and more on TheMuse
- Check out our reviews on Glassdoor
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn
Thanks very much for taking the time to learn about the team behind Patreon. If you want to join us changing creator’s lives, we’d love to talk.
Patreon is a membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid. Thousands of musicians, podcasters, video game developers, comic creators, and others are making a salary on Patreon. Through ongoing funding, they are able to spend more time engaging their fan-base in an interactive way and continue to populate the internet with beautiful things that millions of people enjoy
Want to learn more about Patreon? Visit Patreon's website.
Jobs You May Like
XO Group, Omaha
Senior International Consultant
Sr. Business Systems Analyst/Architect - NetSuite
Hortonworks, Santa Clara, CA
Indigo, Boston, MA
Notarize, Arlington, VA
Legal Intern (Estagiário de Direito)
Airbnb, Sao Paulo, Brasil