Engineering Manager, Backend
Patreon, San Francisco
A membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid
Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $150 million directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for an Engineering Manager, Backend.
What you will do:
- Help our employees be happy, productive, and growing.
- Create and maintain an enjoyable and effective engineering culture.
- Recruit, hire, and retain top tier talent.
- Help employees advance their skills and careers.
- Constantly improve our team practices and effectiveness.
- Work with people from all walks of life.
- Work with challenges such as staffing, resource and project management and help product teams reach ambitious outcomes.
- Manage engineers who work with Python 3.6, Flask, MySQL, AWS, Redis, and Kafka, introducing other technologies when it makes sense.
Skills and experience you possess:
- You have experience managing technical people.
- You know what makes engineers happy and love building teams.
- You know how to recruit from all backgrounds and interview consistently and without bias.
- You've helped your reports learn new skills, either directly or by getting them mentors.
- You have opinions on what makes effective programming and testing practices.
- You are smart about scheduling and planning.
- You dislike dogmatism.
- You care about building great products that matter.
Impact you will have:
- You will build a team that builds a product that helps creators pay rent and enables higher levels of creativity.
- You will help us build a great engineering culture and a great company.
- You will help us participate in technical communities and build a strong engineering brand.
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. Not only is it the right thing to do, but pursuing diversity of perspectives helps us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons. To learn how we're working towards this, please click here.
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill on it. We believe that hiring smart, thoughtful, people and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results. We encourage you to learn more about how we think about culture at Patreon, to make sure we’re the right place for you.
Want to learn more about Patreon?
- We are excited to share Patreon’s revamped Engineering Leveling Guide. Check it out here.
- Check out video testimonials, photos, and more on TheMuse
- Check out our reviews on Glassdoor
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn
Thanks very much for taking the time to learn about the team behind Patreon. If you want to join us changing creator’s lives, we’d love to talk.
Patreon is a membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid. Thousands of musicians, podcasters, video game developers, comic creators, and others are making a salary on Patreon. Through ongoing funding, they are able to spend more time engaging their fan-base in an interactive way and continue to populate the internet with beautiful things that millions of people enjoy
Want to learn more about Patreon? Visit Patreon's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Data Scientist
HotelTonight, San Francisco, CA
Software Engineer - Foundational Services
Qualtrics , Seattle
Fullstack Developer (m/f) | Hamburg
Kreditech, Hamburg Office
Zoox, San Carlos, CA
Senior Software Development Engineer - Platform Engineering
Hotstar, Bangalore, Karnataka