Patreon, San Francisco, CA
A membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid
Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $1 billion directly to creators on our platform. In order to support the day-to-day accounting operations across all aspects of the business, Patreon is looking for a Senior Accountant in San Francisco.
This role will be very hands-on and play an integral part in all aspects of accounting operations and a wide variety of projects as we scale. As a Senior Accountant, you will work closely with the Senior Accounting Manager and other accounting team members on the month-end close process, international accounting & consolidation, audits, reporting, and more.
What you will do:
- Prepare monthly accounting entries for various business transactions, including prepaid assets, PP&E, accruals, equity, allocations, and more.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations and reporting schedules, providing commentary and variance analysis.
- Manage inter-company revenue and expense transactions.
- Assist with annual, quarterly, and monthly tax filing.
- Assist in maintaining the integrity of the chart of accounts.
- Lead/participate in process improvements to streamline the monthly financial close process.
- Proactively identify issues and assist in optimizing systems, upgrades, and automation of accounting processes.
- Assist in development and implementation of new policies and procedures.
- Assist with financial and tax audits.
- Document and monitor internal controls as part of operational accounting work.
- Assist with ad-hoc projects.
Skills and experience you possess:
- BA/BS or equivalent in accounting or related field.
- 5+ years corporate accounting experience.
- CPA and experience in public accounting a plus.
- Strong experience and knowledge in U.S. GAAP and internal controls.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Detail-oriented and able to effectively organize and manage multiple responsibilities.
- High level of honesty, integrity, commitment, and responsibility to day to day work.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills as well as interpersonal skills.
- Quick learner, ability to identify issues and resolve problems.
- Ability to apply critical thinking to complex accounting issues.
- Experience with Intacct, NetSuite, Carta, Bill.com, and Abacus a plus.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Team player, with a positive attitude, who is pro-active and owns accountability.
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
Want to learn more about Patreon?
Check out our reviews on Glassdoor
Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn
Patreon is a membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid. Thousands of musicians, podcasters, video game developers, comic creators, and others are making a salary on Patreon. Through ongoing funding, they are able to spend more time engaging their fan-base in an interactive way and continue to populate the internet with beautiful things that millions of people enjoy
Want to learn more about Patreon? Visit Patreon's website.
File hosting service
Jobs You May Like
Enjoy, Burlingame, CA