Senior Product Director, Creator Experience
Patreon, San Francisco
A membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid
Do you believe that creators should get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers exclusive content and community experiences for creators with established followings. Patreon provides creators with the insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone and we have paid over $2 billion directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for a Sr. Director of Product, Creator Experience to own the creator experience for Patreon’s product.
You will bring a mix of strong management experience, attention to craft, and ability to define and deliver on a compelling vision that drives business outcomes. You will foster cross-functional and cross-team collaboration and consistency by working closely with product design, engineering, research, finance, data science, GTM, and executive leadership to articulate a strategy, navigate competing priorities, and build a best-in-class creator experience in a fast-paced, agile environment. You will champion rigor, speed, clarity, simplicity, impact and the ability to uncover what truly drives creators in support of a mission that aims to do nothing short of fundamentally changing the creative economy for the b
What you will do:
- Lead a Product Management team to deliver a best-in-class creator experience that delivers on our mission to fund the creative class
- Hire, manage, coach, and develop an exceptional team of Product Managers
- Align the organization around a vision and strategic direction for Patreon’s creator experience
- Report to the Head of Product and partner with Product Design, Research, Engineering, Data Science, People, and GTM Leadership to understand, frame, and solve the most important problems facing creators
- Own Patreon’s monetization strategy, including our current Merch for Membership product offering, pricing tiers, and future opportunities
- Use quantitative and qualitative insights to make strong prioritization decisions that turn creators into Patreon evangelists and materially grow their businesses
- Look around corners to spot opportunities for innovation and place bets that will inflect Patreon’s growth
Skills and experience you possess:
- 10-15+ years building products that generate significant user and business impact and 5-10+ years leading product teams in fast-paced, results-oriented environments.
- A demonstrated ability to craft beautiful, mobile products that make complexity simple, preferably for creators or small businesses
- A strong track record of making good, hard decisions in ambiguity
- Well demonstrated ability to ruthlessly prioritize and build processes that scale
- P&L or General Management experience
- Track record of hiring and developing talented Product Managers to achieve their best performance
- Models contagious optimism, motivating everyone inside and outside of your team to achieve ambitious outcomes
- Ability to thrive in an fast-paced, scaling, iterative product development culture
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
Want to learn more about Patreon?
Patreon is a membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid. Thousands of musicians, podcasters, video game developers, comic creators, and others are making a salary on Patreon. Through ongoing funding, they are able to spend more time engaging their fan-base in an interactive way and continue to populate the internet with beautiful things that millions of people enjoy
Want to learn more about Patreon? Visit Patreon's website.
The social news and entertainment company.
Jobs You May Like
Product Manager, Photo Editor