Senior Director of Engineering, Payments
Patreon, San Francisco
A membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid
Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
We have paid over $350 million directly to creators on our platform, and our user base has doubled in the last year alone. In order to support this level of growth, we are looking for an experienced leader for our Payments team.
What you will do:
- Help our employees be happy, productive, and growing.
- Create and maintain an effective and enjoyable engineering culture.
- Recruit, hire, and retain top tier talent.
- Help engineers and engineering managers advance their skills and careers.
- Constantly improve our team practices and effectiveness.
- Work with people from all walks of life.
- Focus on problems that will foster your career growth and get feedback and support from the rest of the company.
- Build, scale, and maintain a world-class payments processing product.
Skills and experience you possess:
- You have vast experience and deep technical understanding of payments processing.
- You have experience managing technical people and managing engineering managers.
- You know what makes engineers and managers happy and love building teams.
- You know how to recruit from all backgrounds and interview consistently and without bias.
- You've helped your reports learn new skills, either directly or by getting them mentors.
- You have opinions on what makes effective programming and testing practices.
- You have experience building inclusive team cultures.
- You are smart about scheduling and planning.
- You dislike dogmatism.
- You care about building great products that matter.
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. Not only is it the right thing to do, but pursuing diversity of perspectives helps us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons. To learn how we're working towards this, please click here. If you identify with a traditionally underrepresented group of individuals in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply!
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill on it. We believe that hiring smart, thoughtful, people and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results. We encourage you to learn more about how we think about culture at Patreon, to make sure we’re the right place for you.
You’ll love working here if:
- You care about getting artists and creators paid.
- You believe the best products are built with a human-centered design process.
- You love to design impactful, well crafted experiences.
- You work best in a highly collaborative environment.
Want to learn more about Patreon?
- Check out video testimonials, photos, and more on TheMuse
- Check out our reviews on Glassdoor
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn
Thanks very much for taking the time to learn about the team behind Patreon. If you want to join us changing creator’s lives, we’d love to talk.
Patreon is a membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid. Thousands of musicians, podcasters, video game developers, comic creators, and others are making a salary on Patreon. Through ongoing funding, they are able to spend more time engaging their fan-base in an interactive way and continue to populate the internet with beautiful things that millions of people enjoy
Want to learn more about Patreon? Visit Patreon's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer
Mozilla, Portland, Denver, Atlanta, Philadelphia, Raleigh, San Antonio, New York, Remote US
Site Reliability Engineer
Newsela, New York, NY
Credit Karma, San Francisco, CA
Senior Infrastructure Consultant (DevOps) (m/f/d)
Senior Software Engineer, Fullstack
metromile, San Francisco, CA
Infrastructure Engineering Manager
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA