Senior Legal Operations Manager
Patreon, San Francisco
A membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid
Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $1 billion directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for a Senior Legal Operations Manager to build out our legal operations function and ensure we can scale quickly and efficiently.
What you will do:
- Own our contract lifecycle management systems and processes, ensuring teams are supported with the templates they need, inbound contracts are reviewed quickly, and all contracts are organized effectively.
- Own our equity management processes, from tracking option grants that have been promised to getting them approved, and making sure educational resources are available to employees.
- Coordinate immigration processes and work closely with our People Ops team and outside counsel to make sure work authorizations are obtained for employees who need them.
- Maintain our legal ticket tracking system in Jira and innovate on new ways to make it more efficient or provide more useful analytics, as well as educating and advocating for its use by the legal team and others.
- Simplify legal billing. Work closely with our Finance team and other stakeholders to manage legal accrual processes, and identify opportunities for efficiencies and cost reduction in our outside counsel spend.
- Ensure we respond to subpoenas in a timely manner, and build processes to do so more quickly and efficiently.
- Assist with litigation management such as placing litigation holds, document collection and discovery.
- Assist with maintaining and renewing Patreon’s insurance policies.
- Identify opportunities for our team’s legal education, training, seminars, memberships, or affiliations.
Skills and experience you possess:
- 5+ years of relevant legal operations experience, especially at high growth tech companies.
- Obsessively organized and comfortable imposing that organization on others.
- Able to influence other teams to adopt new systems that create cross functional efficiencies.
- Being a proactive self-starter who communicates often with our team, assesses and anticipates the technology and processes we might need, and drives projects to completion.
- Familiar with Slack, Carta, ContractWorks, and Atlassian/Jira, or comfortable learning about these and other new technologies quickly, and being able to train others on their usage.
- Ability to initiate and manage complex projects across multiple teams and stakeholders.
- Comfortable with iterative process implementation.
- Passion for and interest in Patreon and our mission.
Projects you may work on:
- Reviewing our contract management system and ensuring it is able to scale through high growth.
- Influencing widespread adoption of our Jira ticketing system for legal work and then using it to track legal team output.
- Implementing a legal billing system.
What you will have the chance to learn:
- How to build a legal operations function from scratch at a high growth technology company.
- Build legal systems that are public company ready.
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
Want to learn more about Patreon?
Patreon is a membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid. Thousands of musicians, podcasters, video game developers, comic creators, and others are making a salary on Patreon. Through ongoing funding, they are able to spend more time engaging their fan-base in an interactive way and continue to populate the internet with beautiful things that millions of people enjoy
Want to learn more about Patreon? Visit Patreon's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.
Jobs You May Like
Mobile Retail Expert
Enjoy, Raleigh, NC