Senior Frontend Engineer, Growth
Patreon, San Francisco, CA
A membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid
Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $3.5 billion directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, we are looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer for our Growth team.
What you will do
- Analyze data from product logs and derive insights/hypotheses for growth experiments
- Perform experiments to improve the efficacy of Patreon’s creator signup and patron signup funnels.
- Measure causal impact through A/B experimentation
- Understand all on-Patreon and off-Patreon levers for growth and design experiments to pull on those levers.
- Work across the entire product surface area of Patreon (web, iOS, Android)
- Grow the business in keeping with the long-term goals of patrons and creators.
Skills and experience you possess
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Good knowledge and understanding of modern web technologies, specifically GraphQL, Flask, Node.js, REST, HTTP basics, gRPC and the ability to design maintainable and performant APIs
- You prefer practicality over dogmatism
- Penchant for elegant and simple solutions for complex requirements
Who You'll Work With:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Values:
- Put Creators First. WHEN CREATORS WIN, WE WIN.
- Build with Craft. WE SIGN OUR NAME TO EVERY DELIVERABLE.
- Make it Happen. WE DON’T QUIT, WE LEARN AND DELIVER.
- Win Together. WE GROW AS INDIVIDUALS, WE WIN AS A TEAM.
Want to Learn More About Patreon?
- Check out TechCrunch’s article about our focus on membership.
- Listen to our CEO Jack and Co-Founder Sam chat with Guy Raz on NPR’s How I Built This.
Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn.
Patreon is a membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid. Thousands of musicians, podcasters, video game developers, comic creators, and others are making a salary on Patreon. Through ongoing funding, they are able to spend more time engaging their fan-base in an interactive way and continue to populate the internet with beautiful things that millions of people enjoy
Want to learn more about Patreon? Visit Patreon's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.
Tech Jobs For You
Machine Learning Scientist (All levels)
Deep Genomics, Toronto/Boston/San Francisco Bay Area/Remote North Americ...