Senior Fullstack Engineer, Creator Experience
Patreon, San Francisco, CA
A membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
We have payed out over $500 million directly to creators on our platform this year alone, and our user base has doubled. In order to support this level of growth, we are looking for a Senior Fullstack Engineer for our Creator Experience team.
What you will do
- Lead and contribute to the design and development of a new suite of product capabilities at Patreon
- Advocate for best patterns and practices in the area system design, performance, and testing
- Foster clarity and alignment on technical vision and direction
- Advocate for engineering systems and solutions that will accelerate product development in the long-run
- Write clear and concise technical documentation on system design and implementation
- Build a strong product-minded, engineering culture by mentoring and guiding engineers
Skills and experience you possess:
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Good knowledge and understanding of modern web technologies, specifically GraphQL, Flask, Node.js, REST, HTTP basics, gRPC and the ability to design maintainable and performant APIs
- Familiarity with designing, building, deploying, monitoring and maintaining code in multi-service architecture
- Preference for practicality over dogmatism
- Penchant for elegant and simple solutions for complex requirements
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
Patreon is a membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid. Thousands of musicians, podcasters, video game developers, comic creators, and others are making a salary on Patreon. Through ongoing funding, they are able to spend more time engaging their fan-base in an interactive way and continue to populate the internet with beautiful things that millions of people enjoy
Want to learn more about Patreon? Visit Patreon's website.
German engineered blades and shaving cream online for a fair price