Senior Fullstack Engineer, Payments & Billing
Patreon, San Francisco, CA
A membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid
Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $3.5 billion directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, we are looking for a Senior Fullstack Engineer for our Payments & Billing team.
What you will do:
- You'll help scale and expand capabilities of Patreon's payment platform that helps creators get paid effectively and on time.
- Lead and contribute to the development and design of the Payments and Billing platform and tools to support the payment processing at Patreon.
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to define and implement alternate payment methods that increase Patreon offering for creators to choose their method to pay-in and payout.
- Integrate with 3rd party systems and implement new solutions to streamline processes.
- Collaborate with product management, designers, and other engineers to build new product functionality, while maintaining a delightful user experience, motivated by passion for our shared mission.
- Work with a supportive team to get things done with the right mix of quality and agility.
- Build a strong product-minded, engineering culture by mentoring and guiding engineers
- Engineers joining now have tons of opportunities to take on responsibility and ownership and have a meaningful impact!
Skills and experience:
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Enforces a high standard of quality and craft with an eye for user experience and engineering detail
- Experience building systems for scale to handle high volume transactions.
- Experience designing, building, deploying, monitoring and maintaining code in multi-service architecture.
- Experience working with micro-services architecture and domain driven engineering design approach for developing new micro-services.
- You have experience working with most AWS offered Saas and Paas services.
- You have the soft skills to come up with resolutions with the team regardless of different perspectives and timezones.
- You are smart about scheduling and planning.
- Experience building products in the payments domain will be big PLUS.
Who You'll Work With:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Values:
- Put Creators First. WHEN CREATORS WIN, WE WIN.
- Build with Craft. WE SIGN OUR NAME TO EVERY DELIVERABLE.
- Make it Happen. WE DON’T QUIT, WE LEARN AND DELIVER.
- Win Together. WE GROW AS INDIVIDUALS, WE WIN AS A TEAM.
Want to Learn More About Patreon?
Patreon is a membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid. Thousands of musicians, podcasters, video game developers, comic creators, and others are making a salary on Patreon. Through ongoing funding, they are able to spend more time engaging their fan-base in an interactive way and continue to populate the internet with beautiful things that millions of people enjoy
Want to learn more about Patreon? Visit Patreon's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.