Head of Creator Relations
Patreon, San Francisco
A membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid
Patreon is looking for a hybrid business development/sales leader to guide our Creator Relations team and establish a vision that launches creators who are influential in their category and inspire other leading creators to join Patreon.
We believe that people who make great things should get paid for the value they give to the world. We strive to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it fast and easy to run a business as a professional creator, so that creators can focus on making art and connecting with their biggest fans.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. A diversity of perspectives will help us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons, and enable us to best accomplish our mission of funding the creative class. To learn how we're working towards this, please click here!
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill that vision. We believe that hiring smart, ambitious people and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results.
What you would do:
- Bring influential creators to Patreon and manage the team responsible for this goal.
- Be the voice of our target creators’/customers’ needs within Patreon and ensure we build products that serve the needs of established creators building businesses around their art.
- Move Patreon up-market over time and identify the proper creators to pursue.
- Coordinate work cross-functionally (product, marketing, support) to ensure launches are successful.
- Improve our forecasting abilities and track our efforts in this channel to help Patreon decide how large an investment to make each quarter.
- Work with our PR and marketing teams to coordinate publicity campaigns regarding notable creator launches
Skills you possess:
- Management: You are an expert manager and love coaching and developing teams. You have 7+ years directly managing teams.
- Sales: You live to close big deals. You understand what it takes to get a deal across the finish line.
- Networking: You can get Patreon in the door with creators who have established followings and post regularly online. You understand our target creator.
- Communication: In the creator-world, you bond with artists and business managers. Inside Patreon’s walls, you can effectively advocate the needs of creators in a high-paced technology environment. You write clear, concise reports about takeaways from your learnings in the field. You understand the importance of documentation and organization.
- Critical Thinking: You are a strategic and creative thinker who can align incentives and priorities of multiple parties.
- Forecasting: You are data-focused and a funnel expert. You can model your team’s efforts to help us predict future growth.
Patreon is a membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid. Thousands of musicians, podcasters, video game developers, comic creators, and others are making a salary on Patreon. Through ongoing funding, they are able to spend more time engaging their fan-base in an interactive way and continue to populate the internet with beautiful things that millions of people enjoy
Want to learn more about Patreon? Visit http://www.patreon.com
Jobs You May Like
Sales Support Specialist - Seasonal
Peloton, Oak Brook, IL
Retail Operations Associate (Full-Time)
Trunk Club, Los Angeles, CA
Bonobos, Houston, TX
Sales Development Manager
Zuora, San Francisco, CA
Account Executive, Public Relations & Crisis Communications
Dataminr, New York
Sales Director - Talent
Uncubed, New York, NY